Author Topic: ROQ - Wing Pallet (AOP)  (Read 3411 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: ROQ - Wing Pallet (AOP)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
Almost entirely retired I imagine. Belt printers/AOP machines practically non-existent here. As said above, no matter the machine, the labor/ROI studies conducted deemed the process is; while highly desirable for some, simply way beyond cost effective. And switching out pallets can be hard on the machines (indexers) over time. Most in the past were designated as dedicated lines so you really needed steady sales to keep them going which almost never happens. Same with flock. Great ideas but impractical and not a wise investment here in the US IMO.
And don't forget to get a super over size DTS or upgrade your film output device ;)

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 12:07:50 PM »
Almost entirely retired I imagine. Belt printers/AOP machines practically non-existent here. As said above, no matter the machine, the labor/ROI studies conducted deemed the process is; while highly desirable for some, simply way beyond cost effective. And switching out pallets can be hard on the machines (indexers) over time. Most in the past were designated as dedicated lines so you really needed steady sales to keep them going which almost never happens. Same with flock. Great ideas but impractical and not a wise investment here in the US IMO.
And don't forget to get a super over size DTS or upgrade your film output device ;)

You should really get in contact with @ryanmoor or with someone else at Ryonet. Most of the problems you are mentioning are long gone. At least in the way we operate. But hey, have in mind I do not know your market inside out. But with our machines I can guarantee (even beeing from marketing) that "switching out pallets can be hard on the machines (indexers) over time." this simply does not happen with our machines, circular or oval." Same with flock." ->http://roqinternational.com/product/flash-cure-flock-foil/roqflock/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeknz0ZOd8A
So either the prints are really bad payed at the US or you might be missing some oportunities! Talk with them I am sure you have nothing to loose.

And not having a valid AOP system is a great "excuse" to introduce one that is easy to use!! See it as an opportunity ;)

Thank you for the insights :)
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »
Figured as much.......comments were directed towards the old machines. Back in the day we charged as much as $5 per side for this (needed to) and that was too much to bear for some. I came up with the one piece halfwing design (on Actions website I believe) and that was a simple and palatable way to do off shoulder/collar stuff. Not AOP however. Not sure w/ your machines but in the past logic/market demanded 2 to 3 sets of pallets to accomodate shirt sizing so guess what......2 to 3 sets of film/screen/setups etc. Not for the faint of heart. Hidden costs can kill you sometimes. Its simply a can you/should you. That said if a shop set up for this had strong marketing skills to fill the needs they would ( for a price!) have potential to corner that market.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 03:03:42 PM »
Figured as much.......comments were directed towards the old machines. Back in the day we charged as much as $5 per side for this (needed to) and that was too much to bear for some. I came up with the one piece halfwing design (on Actions website I believe) and that was a simple and palatable way to do off shoulder/collar stuff. Not AOP however. Not sure w/ your machines but in the past logic/market demanded 2 to 3 sets of pallets to accomodate shirt sizing so guess what......2 to 3 sets of film/screen/setups etc. Not for the faint of heart. Hidden costs can kill you sometimes. Its simply a can you/should you. That said if a shop set up for this had strong marketing skills to fill the needs they would ( for a price!) have potential to corner that market.

I know the guys at Liquid Blue are able to print 14 colors ALL OVER at almost 500 pcs per hour using the roq 4xl and this type of pallet setup.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »
Don't know what the folks at The Mountain do but they must have dialed in some good #s as well. Just like Harlequin Nature Graphics and Wild Oats they had the sales and graphics to support those lines as the were designing/selling their own merch. At both those companies we had two lines ea. One for yth one for adult