Author Topic: Issues with Plasticharge?  (Read 3130 times)

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: Issues with Plasticharge?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 02:15:53 PM »
So we stock/save probably 4 dozen or more RFUs for discharge. Reds for some reason don't store well for us. I was going to say it's odd that you had issues with keeping RFUs until you said they were shades of red/orange.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Yep.  Havent had as much issue with other colors, but of course these three orange/reds are the only 3 I actually use frequently enough to warrant premixing in bulk.  The idea of course is to save time and increase color accuracy across frequent printings.  Those tiny amounts of DC can be a pain to mix exactly, even with my gram scale going to .00 and a lot of care.  Just frustrating there isnt a better solution.

Any idea how likely variations in discharge agent quantity or quality are affecting this?
Seems like from my limited experience that's the easy part to really screw up for me.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
We bulk mix our Licensed colors and activate as needed w/ no problem Rutland PC system. The activator crystals pretty much come from a single chemical co and purchased by the different ink manufacturers

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 10:27:02 PM »
I have a client who orders the same design frequently (3 colors and white).  I have always printed them with discharge for a few reasons (challenging underbase being one of them).  The only issue I have with traditional discharge is that I can't premix the inks in bulk and add the activator later only as needed for each run due to the inks separating and color shifting while on the shelf.  I have tried 3 different discharge systems for this exact job and none "just worked".  Sericol was the closest as it is a RFU so the pigments didn't clump or shift, except the inks needed boosting anyway, which meant more mixing prior to printing.  I'd like to try out plasticharge, but didnt know if there were any issues I should be aware of related to plasticharge.

Have you tried CCI's T-Charge ?

Its a RFU system, no mixing pigment, you can mix your colors in batches of your desire, and when you are ready to print just activate what you need for the job.

We use CCI's pigment system plus almost everything else of theirs. We premix in gallon containers, two gallon containers, or more depending on client or job. Have zero issue with color shifts or whatnot. Then again our ink really doesn't sit as that is pretty much all we use. We did two plastisol jobs today and the first in weeks so every shop is different for sure.

But going back to Plasticharge my experience is now so outdated with it I am curious to get back up to date.