Author Topic: CTS Uptime  (Read 1947 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
CTS Uptime
« on: June 23, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
How's everyone's uptime with CTS?

Not brand or masking media specific but feel free to mention it if you like.  Curious as to about how often, and for how long, your direct imaging unit is not imaging.

Follow up- what's your backup?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: CTS Uptime
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "not imaging"?  Is that to mean not working or down?   or just not being used?

I always suggest to always have a backup. Just smart business. Even if it only goes down for a couple hours a year, you may find some need for films.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:12:42 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »
As in not imaging screens, for any reason. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 03:23:45 PM »
on the rocket launcher.
it used to be down pretty often, now that the unit is in the dark room, it's down for about an hour a month?!? It could be two, but just as easily, it could be an hour every two months.
We still use the 4800 for some oddball jobs so it is ready when needed. I think I was out of town in Atlantic City when one of the computers went down so they just switched to the EPSON without skipping a beat.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline KevinO

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »
We have the Douthitt CTS here and have relatively no down time due to machine error. There has been a couple of times there were an issue, but it was right when we got it and Mark was available immediately to address the issue. Top notch guys at Douthitt!
Stoked On Printing!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 03:55:15 PM »
We have the Douthitt CTS here and have relatively no down time due to machine error. There has been a couple of times there were an issue, but it was right when we got it and Mark was available immediately to address the issue. Top notch guys at Douthitt!

So I hear.  I would like to get inside one sometime to look around.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »
On our ST, zero down time on ours so far and we do not even have a way to image a screen if it goes down.

Had 1 day of down time when we had the rocket launcher (wouldn't recognize chip). Also maybe a couple hicups for minutes/hours on it as well down.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
Our I-Image ST has been much like Brandt's, flawless.  I bought it used as well, so it was ran hard before we even got it.

I have a 1430 for backup, but it probably has clogged heads as it hasn't run in years haha !

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
Overall very little down time here. In the last 4 years I would say we have been down a total of 2 days. We have film backup but the times we have went down we just told our clients expect a day or two delay and all was good. I'd rather not print then have to use films LOL

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 06:27:01 PM »
on the rocket launcher.
it used to be down pretty often, now that the unit is in the dark room, it's down for about an hour a month?!? It could be two, but just as easily, it could be an hour every two months.
We still use the 4800 for some oddball jobs so it is ready when needed. I think I was out of town in Atlantic City when one of the computers went down so they just switched to the EPSON without skipping a beat.

pierre
I still have the rocket launcher also.  Before I go home for the weekend, I drop a moisturizing cleaner in the capping station and have a small break in the nozzle check mabye once every 2 or 3 weeks but no down time in 4 years.  I have no backup.  Just like Danny said, I would rather not print without it.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:44 PM »
Downtime is pretty much non existent. But it will happen and kind of like a flat tire at 2 am in pouring rain it will be at the worst moment.  So backup is a must. Spare parts, filters, etc... And always try to be a day ahead on screens and you will be ok.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline AAMike

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 08:37:08 AM »
I-image St has went down a few times in the first week. Working closely with tech support. It has put a bottleneck in our operation. I am confident that the issues will be resolved. Over time, the knowledge of our pre-press department will increase.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
Our ST is my favorite piece of equipment, with that said, we have had issues here and there.  When everything is fine, I would give left nut for it!  When it has issues I wanna take a sledge hammer to it!  But no way would I EVER give it up!  I would quit before I went back to film, its that good!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender