Author Topic: Finally- our new Embroidery department is set up-kind of  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Finally- our new Embroidery department is set up-kind of
« on: June 24, 2017, 12:57:51 AM »
Got new Tajima embroidery machines last week. Our shop is totally new to embroidery and progress is slow and learning curve rather steep.
I had a few question regarding things we still need to get what software is best etc.
Hoopmaster-needed? I assume makes life a lot easier. Any comparable products at a cheaper rate out there.

Pulse software for Tajima- we got Tajima DG15 by Pulse. Any other software out there that would make the life of an embroiderer a lot easier.

I`m pretty sure I recently saw a youtube video about some software that had lots of presets already, Setting for embroidering onto t-shirts of different weight, settings for certain type of polos, sweats caps etc.
Just can`t find it anylonger.

Anything else we need to know before we offer embroidery to our customers

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
Re: Finally- our new Embroidery department is set up-kind of
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 05:35:34 AM »
When I started embroidery I read this book, it is full of advices. It is wonderfull what could do a master with simple tools...

How many heads do you have ?

Me, embroidery in not my main core business, I have 2 heads, and I subcontract digitizing in india, cheap, fast turnaround, and I can focus on more important part of my business.
I only do lettering/name very simple design with embird.

With truesizer from wilcom (very cheap) and I can make nice proof for customer.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:38:01 AM by willy35 »
www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
I got that book too. Also, there are some good stuff on printwearmag.com.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline kevin_eastend

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »
If you want to run production the hoopmaster and magnetic mighty hoops will certainly help with production times and accuracy.
For software I recommend Wilcom. The level of software will determine how much digitizing capability you need to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline amywatson

• Works at Design'N'Buy
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:14:55 AM »
Hey.. Rockers

Have you tried the web to print software for embroidery on T-shirt or any merchandise products like caps, bed sheets, cushions? I have some friends having the embroidery business (in Texas), they were successfully integrated web to print software in their business.  :)
Design'N'Buy