Author Topic: Filmaker issues printing spot channel seps  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Filmaker issues printing spot channel seps
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:18:28 PM »
I have a customer that is still new to printing sim process photoshop seps and I'm not familiar with Filmaker.

Anyone that has FM, can you elaborate on the process to print spot color channels?
Her solid spots (type) etc, reggies etc, are coming out as halftones.

Don't ask me what she's doing or if it's this or that or has she tried ....  :)  I donno. I'm not there.

The files is 7 sim process seps. The file is a multi channel file. (no RGB). Just the seps.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Lizard

Re: Filmaker issues printing spot channel seps
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 06:45:24 PM »
Dan,

You can setup film maker to print to file hot folders just like an i-image. Since you are familiar with that I would suggest doing it that way.  Setup file ques in film maker similar to I-image with halftone line counts and angles.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »
if any of the file is say 90% then halftoned. depends on how she is printing from. ps or cdr. might be interpretation problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:17:06 PM »
It turns out that Filmaker requires printing with RGB channels in the file for whatever reason. Accurip does not. We just added the RGB channels up front and it printed just fine. Go figure.

Thanks guys, for chiming in!  Appreciated.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »
Dan,

You can setup film maker to print to file hot folders just like an i-image. Since you are familiar with that I would suggest doing it that way.  Setup file ques in film maker similar to I-image with halftone line counts and angles.

That's nice.  Haven't heard you can do that in there but I like Hot Folders.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 12:24:18 AM »
It turns out that Filmaker requires printing with RGB channels in the file for whatever reason. Accurip does not. We just added the RGB channels up front and it printed just fine. Go figure.

Thanks guys, for chiming in!  Appreciated.
rgb channel or layers?
i print from ps. for these. the file you sent me was fine in ps.
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk