Author Topic: In the not too distant future....  (Read 1187 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

In the not too distant future....
« on: July 10, 2017, 03:37:19 PM »
.. your Amazon, pizza and groceries will be delivered in one of these little trolleys. The 100's of self driving cars (Google, Telsa, Audi) in my area which at one time turned many heads are now just a piece of the unnoticed landscape. These little gems are roving the sidewalks in Silicon Valley and will be delivering goods on demand. Another of my customers has this Robot Security guard , if you try to tip it over it has a shrill siren that will drop you to your knees. I just completed a very large order for Toyota Robotics who opened a new campus down the street, they have dozens of robots in various shapes and sizes doing some mind numbing task at an alarming rate.  Tech is cool but the side effects of growth on my charming little town not so much ;-(
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Prince Art

Re: In the not too distant future....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:23:02 PM »
That last one looks like a Dalek, with a 1st gen ipod makeover.

The side effects and constant, rapid change produced by digital culture are, IMO, increasingly making tech not so cool after all.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 05:26:11 PM »
A buddy of mine was working in your town and tried to park his Harley in a "kind-of-a-parking-spot" that a bike
could fit in and one of those bottom ones came and stared at him until he moved. Started flashing a different colored
light too.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »
.. your Amazon, pizza and groceries will be delivered in one of these little trolleys. The 100's of self driving cars (Google, Telsa, Audi) in my area which at one time turned many heads are now just a piece of the unnoticed landscape. These little gems are roving the sidewalks in Silicon Valley and will be delivering goods on demand. Another of my customers has this Robot Security guard , if you try to tip it over it has a shrill siren that will drop you to your knees. I just completed a very large order for Toyota Robotics who opened a new campus down the street, they have dozens of robots in various shapes and sizes doing some mind numbing task at an alarming rate.  Tech is cool but the side effects of growth on my charming little town not so much ;-(

Yes, the world leaves us behind as we age... almost everything in my home town is gone, replaced by something else that I don't care about.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
Reminds me of this...
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 10:06:28 AM »
Reminds me of this...

Haha! Wow. That's a classic. LOL! :D
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »
Sarah Jessica Parker's BEST ROLE.  Hands down.