Author Topic: "This is an Adobe® Illustrator® file that was saved without PDF content"  (Read 2413 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Is there any remedy for this?  Customer is unreachable and of course, it's a rush job.  :-\
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
I, and maybe others, don't quite understand. Perhaps it's because I am mostly a Corel person.
Why would an ai file necessarily need pdf content?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
need more info... how many "k" is the file size? If it's zero, then yes, it's empty. Have you tried "placing" it instead of opening it?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
need more info... how many "k" is the file size? If it's zero, then yes, it's empty. Have you tried "placing" it instead of opening it?

Steve

this, try to place and then convert.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
When trying to open the AI file, it just says this.  (see attached)
The file says 13MB, so something is there.
Placing only placed this same text.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
What are you trying to open with or place into? Adobe says "To place or open this file in other applications, it should be re-saved from Adobe Illustrator with the "Create PDF Compatible File" options turned on. This option is in the Illustrator Native Format Options dialog box, which appears when saving an Adobe Illustrator file using the Save As command."

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Open it in Photoshop?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
I'm a little late to the party here, but when I run into this issue I always try this:

First, I'm on a mac. I open it in Preview and usually can see the design. I 'Export to PDF' and probably nine times out of ten end up with something I can get opened up in Illustrator.
If you can't see the design in Finder's preview then it's likely a deeper issue within the file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk