Author Topic: Photoshop help needed  (Read 2106 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Photoshop help needed
« on: July 17, 2017, 12:25:58 PM »
I'm trying to print an image from photoshop and I'm getting a square of fine halftones through out the image, the image is black with halftones and I'm printing from accurip.  The background is clear nothing there but the old checker board, I've check to see if any light color back ground is there, so far nothing I can see, any help is appreciated.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Maff

• !!!
Re: Photoshop help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »
Hmmmm... well if you are getting a checkerboard effect, than that would be exactly 50% grayscale dot when using Round Dots for halftones... but that would be very noticeable.
Are you printing straight from a Spot Channel? Maybe try to open up the PSD file in Illustrator and print the channels from there.

Online Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 01:30:56 PM »
Have you opened the info window and hovered any tool around the image to see if there is any percentage showing up? 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:33:31 PM »
The checkerboard pattern he's referring to is the empty background. no white, No black.  It's default.

Two things to do.

1, Check with eye dropper to confirm you have no left over background. This typically comes from a copy and past from another file with a different black color makeup and it comes over not as 100% but like very dark grey black. Not visually noticeable in the other program or in Photoshop at that low of a percentage.

2,  Photoshop (file format).  Accurip is quirky like that. When printing only one sep, you need to have it in a specific file format. I forget what one it needs to be, but it's either Greyscale, or Multi Channel to make sure it's a spot color and not just a black (process) black) grayscale. (I think Multi) in order for it to read via accurip and psd to print out as a sep.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »
Thanks guys I had it in gray scale mode, put it in RGB mode and problem solved, I had did this once before and forgot what I did, but thanks for all the advice.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dsh

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 09:01:21 AM »
I sometimes have small half tone dots on the whole image when I bring in artwork especially from the web.  I usually don't see them till I print the transparency.  The trick I learned from Dottonedan is to change the image mode to greyscale, and then duotone.  You'll get a box that indicates printing either black or nothing.  Works for me.