Author Topic: Alignment after bobbin thread break  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Tywash

• Verified/Junior
Alignment after bobbin thread break
« on: July 18, 2017, 12:02:56 PM »
When embroidering hats on my Barudan we sometimes lose alignment when the bobbin thread breaks.  We pull off the hat (leaving it hooped of course), change bobbin, place hooped hat back on machine, and backup the stitches to the break point. When I hit go again, the alignment is slightly off. Any ideas about what I am doing wrong or can do to avoid this?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Alignment after bobbin thread break
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »
i feel like anytime you take it off the machine it never goes go back on in exact same place.

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »
Right out the gate I going to say it's human error, whomever is taken the cap off is moving the frame some or the cap in some way or the other.  If you think it's the machine try doing a flat sew out, stop it, remove the bobbin and replace with a new bobbin and backup same as you do your caps and see what happens, if the alignment is off then you've got a problem in your machine, if it sews out fine you got a problem with whomever is removing the the cap and frame.  Make sure your caps are hooped good and not to loose so they don't move a little if you have to take them off during a thread or bobbin break.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:48:31 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 01:17:16 PM »
you have to check how much thread is on the bobbin before you start the run and every 5 - 6 runs after
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 04:41:52 PM »
User error for sure, either pushing or pulling too hard. Our 8 head barudan has sewn thousands of hats with no issues, we only change bobbin as necessary, not as a precaution. My embroidery girl ran 180 hats today and reg was way off on 1, but only because she admitted that she didn't put it back on all the way after a bobbin change.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com