Author Topic: Sudden Photoshop problem  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Sudden Photoshop problem
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:13:15 AM »
Suddenly, for the last week or so, Photoshop CS6 is displaying files very darkly. When I open the same files on another computer,  they look normal. To make it a little crazier, if I open a photo from my collection (personal off my iPhone) they look alright. Argggggghhhhh!

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Sudden Photoshop problem
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »
Steve I wish I knew what to tell you, since you've help me so many times in the pass with problems, maybe your monitor is going out or color setting got knocked off somehow.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »
Sounds like it might be that the color profile settings were changed (or embedded into a file that you are opening)?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:23:59 PM »
Hi Dan, I was hoping you'd get a moment to chime in. I've been talking with Jay from Hi-Fi Ink about this too; using his color settings, then changing back to North America General Purpose 2, as Jay suggested. That works to get a better view of the image. To test this theory further, since I've been using UltraSeps 2 for the last couple of years, I switched over to those color settings, and they also gave a very dark view, so I went back to NAGP 2 and will sep the old fashioned way. All this being said, I don't believe it's the Color Setting change necessarily, because this is a new problem. I posted some tropical birds we did at the end of June, stepped with Hi-Fi Ink, and had no problem at that time with images being dark. This really just started last week. Also, when I open the same image on another computer running PS CS3, with the default color settings, it looks fine. I'm mostly thinking I fat fingered something on the keyboard that I just can figure out. I may just finally subscribe to Photoshop CC 2017 and see if that's it. It is time to do that I think... thanks all.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't