Author Topic: Little help with AI (not Artificial Intelegence, lol)  (Read 7063 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Little help with AI (not Artificial Intelegence, lol)
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 06:24:50 PM »
Steve,
Did the Merge but still have nodes all over the place.  Not what I expected.

Attached is the test image I'm using for practice. 

Object is to ultimately create a 3 pixel stroke of black around the entire image and then change the green to transparent so the only colors that could be printed are black (stroke) and white fills.

Yes, that's a strange one; it says Mixed Objects, but under the Object menu, it's grouped, go to ungroup and get the message "Can't ungroup objects." Hmmmm, used Flatten Transparency, then it would ungroup. So I decided to zoom in, keyline and find some overlapping problems, and a few spikes here and there, and some double lines. I reverted, and gave a try what Integrity mentioned, (drag a copy to the side, fill it with a single color, then Merge) it still leaves all of those strokes. So, then I Flattened Transparency, hit merge, it still left a pile of strokes, but then hit Union (upper left Pathfinder pallet) and that removed the rest. Now, you can your outer stroke, and line it up with the original. It's usually not quite this difficult, but thanks for the challenge, that was fun. (I gotta get a life...)

Steve

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for trying so hard on a really crappy image.  I knew there were bum nodes even when I tried to clean up a few things.

Let me try to find and post a simpler one with the need and that should be easier.

Don't waste any more time on that one please.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 09:24:16 PM »
Okay, here is a simple ghoul image in black and white.

Lets say I wanted to print this one on a black shirt.  I would need to knock out out the black and let the shirt do that, but would want an outside stroke of white to give it the outline

How would I change black to red for example (any color not to be screened or printed) and an outside white stroke for the outline?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 10:12:30 AM »
Okay, here is a simple ghoul image in black and white.

Lets say I wanted to print this one on a black shirt.  I would need to knock out out the black and let the shirt do that, but would want an outside stroke of white to give it the outline

How would I change black to red for example (any color not to be screened or printed) and an outside white stroke for the outline?

this one is too easy, lol. 1. Make a spot color of white, and assign it to the white part of the image. 2. add a stroke to the black, and make sure it's the spot white, Align it to the outside of the black shape on the Stroke pallet.  You don't have to knock out anything, it's a one color white ink print. Print, choose separations, and print the white, all done.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »
You're right, that one was too easy.

But I think I got the idea.  I'll go play with some more and reach out if I hit a new block.

Thanks all

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »
Steve,
Did the Merge but still have nodes all over the place.  Not what I expected.

Attached is the test image I'm using for practice. 

Object is to ultimately create a 3 pixel stroke of black around the entire image and then change the green to transparent so the only colors that could be printed are black (stroke) and white fills.

Yes, that's a strange one; it says Mixed Objects, but under the Object menu, it's grouped, go to ungroup and get the message "Can't ungroup objects." Hmmmm, used Flatten Transparency, then it would ungroup. So I decided to zoom in, keyline and find some overlapping problems, and a few spikes here and there, and some double lines. I reverted, and gave a try what Integrity mentioned, (drag a copy to the side, fill it with a single color, then Merge) it still leaves all of those strokes. So, then I Flattened Transparency, hit merge, it still left a pile of strokes, but then hit Union (upper left Pathfinder pallet) and that removed the rest. Now, you can your outer stroke, and line it up with the original. It's usually not quite this difficult, but thanks for the challenge, that was fun. (I gotta get a life...)

Steve

Steve

It had a bunch of stray points that wouldn't merge for me as well, but once I put the expanded stroked copy behind the main art and merged, they all went away and I was left with clean art. Lucky I guess!