Author Topic: Help in printing out of PS2 PLEASE  (Read 2249 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Help in printing out of PS2 PLEASE
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »
I am not sure what happened to my print set up but since I don't use PS much I can't remember what I did to fix it. this is what I am seeing on screen and what the print preview is not what I'm wanting to print. Hope I am making sense.
I am using TSeps 2 for my rip program
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:22:35 PM by sportsshoppe »

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
Re: Help in printing out of PS2 PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »
I see a similar preview if my working file is in multichannel mode.
If I have it as Greyscale, RGB, or CMYK I see what I expect.
I don't have any image in my Greyscale, RGB, or CMYK channels...just blank...it is all on the spot channels.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:56:38 PM by Squeegie »

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:03 PM »
Thanks Squeegie, I called Dan and he helped me out. For the life of me I never remember having to do that to print out CMYK. I am using quikseps to separate art. I think I have it now at least I am printing it out, I may have to make adjustments after I put it on press. Thanks for the reply

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »
I thought QS suggests saving the file and printing from Corel Draw or Illustrator? That's our process anyway. If you make a QS file in RGB, even after it gives you the CMYK and the extra whites, it's still an RGB image with spot channels...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
Not sure Sbrem, I have always printed from PS. I got PS5 and found out you cannot print from there to my Epson 4800 so I backed up and installed my PS2 back in and it worded fine. I normally work in Corel but am not sure how to export the sep file to Corel X6. I may need to try this because I have a head ache now from this little fiasco...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »
I find that every different RIP and every different SEP program each have a different way needed for the file to be set up...and THEN, you have different versions of Photoshop files or vector files and even those are different in how you handle printing films.  Kinda hard to keep track of. LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 03:23:19 PM »
Not sure Sbrem, I have always printed from PS. I got PS5 and found out you cannot print from there to my Epson 4800 so I backed up and installed my PS2 back in and it worded fine. I normally work in Corel but am not sure how to export the sep file to Corel X6. I may need to try this because I have a head ache now from this little fiasco...

Check the User's Manual that comes with QS, I don't seem to have it anymore, only the Ultra-Seps. I know a lot of folks printed from PS, but I've never done it. I learned how to make DCS file a real long time ago, and always imported into Illy and made the text there (so the text would have sharper edges than halftoned rasters). I'm talking PS 2.0 into Illustrator 5.0. Nowadays, it's the RGB file with the spot channels (I don't have to export as DCS anymore, though that still works just fine) from PS CS6 into Illy CS6 or CC2017. I just checked the UltraSeps version 2 manual, and it says to export the PS file to a DCS 2.0. Make sure to name your CMYK channels like so   Yellow Ink, Cyan ink, etc. If you leave them as just the colors, they CD will get confused thinking they are actual CMYK files...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »
I still have the CD and read the instructions but when I save it as a DSC 2.0 file like it said to ( and it also said use Save Copy and I don't have that option on PS2) it imports into corel as a very small image. It does not hold the size needed. I'll keep working on it and see if I can come up with anything. So far the way Dan explained to me seemed to work the best. Thanks to all

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »
SportyShoppe, I have the same copy of Qseps as you and I print it straight from PS with no problem since every thing is built in PS anyway, make sure you select all the channels you need and delete the other ones and turn off the RGB file's.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!