Poll

How many prints do you put through a screen before you replace or re-mesh?

Less than 20
0 (0%)
20-30
1 (7.1%)
30-40
0 (0%)
40-50
2 (14.3%)
More than 50
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: How many prints do you put through a screen before you replace or re-mesh?  (Read 3967 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
I have a few screens that have been through production a few hundred times.  If the tension is up to my standards then they stay in the rota.  Really hard to say how many impressions are on them and my attempts at keeping a log/inventory concerning how many times a specific screen is being used have fallen short.  With shopworks I think I can barcode each screen and it has a lot of functions that you can use with the barcode system but someone would have to get involved that I don't want in my business when it comes to shopworks functions.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Yeah impressions/prints. I saw an article from Printwear and the writer was saying "A screen can be used for approximately 20 print jobs before it needs to be re-meshed." Did not sound right to me, that is why I started the poll to see what others say.

link to article:

https://printwearmag.com/features/steps-ensure-easy-reclaim?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170802%20PW%20eNews%20(1)&utm_content=&spMailingID=17775795&spUserID=MTcxMzkyNDA3ODM2S0&spJobID=1080061984&spReportId=MTA4MDA2MTk4NAS2

Very ambiguous, it's like telling someone that to play the flute, you blow in this end and move your fingers around the rest of it... It really does depend on the amount of impressions and how many times it's reclaimed. If it helps, we are running a 7K order right now, only one set of screens per side, which is exactly what I would expect, and they will be reclaimed and reused. And for those of us old enough, yes, the flute reference is from Monty Python.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't