Author Topic: New Pallet design - Yay or Nay?  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Action1

New Pallet design - Yay or Nay?
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »
Greetings once again friends of TSB:

I would be ever so grateful for a moment of your time. Yay or Nay? - An expandable pallet. It allows you to load larger shirts and be more assured that the alignment is correct.
It expands in two inch increments from 16" to 22".

As always, we are very grateful for any feedback you may offer. Thank you again.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: New Pallet design - Yay or Nay?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
loading wider pallets takes longer in my experience, and loading straight isnt difficult at all once you have enough reps at the job.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »
As I understand it, this would be for 3xl-6xl and up....

Loading that much fabric can be a headache....

Where are you seeing your market for this?

I would personally wonder about how hot the metal extenders would get...
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:42:20 PM »
For us I don't see it, as many orders as we do during the year we don't do that many 4x 5x 6x shirts to justify that pallet, plus after awhile of loading you kind of know where to place it, but then again I'm sure there is a small market for it somewhere where the big boys play
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Action1

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »
loading wider pallets takes longer in my experience, and loading straight isnt difficult at all once you have enough reps at the job.

Thank you for your feedback.

Offline Action1

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:09:33 PM »
As I understand it, this would be for 3xl-6xl and up....

Loading that much fabric can be a headache....

Where are you seeing your market for this?

I would personally wonder about how hot the metal extenders would get...

Offline Action1

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 01:09:55 PM »
For us I don't see it, as many orders as we do during the year we don't do that many 4x 5x 6x shirts to justify that pallet, plus after awhile of loading you kind of know where to place it, but then again I'm sure there is a small market for it somewhere where the big boys play

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »
similar thoughts here. . . For somebody printing a lot of large sizes, this would be great. For most of us XXL or larger is less than 0.5% of the work.
Find out who's printing the Big Dog and similar large and tall brands. They should love them!

Are the wings retractable?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »
I think this would be great for children and adults, or regular full size T shirts and smaller women's cut.
We have a lot of jobs that are a mixture of these and we have to change pallets.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »
@ Maxie I don't you can print on the extension's, looks they just spread the shirt out for print placement.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 03:10:17 PM »
We print a ton of 3-4-5-6xl shirts, I just dont think this would help us. Just to be honest. I certainly wouldn't buy them then stop a run to flip them out.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 05:27:50 PM »
i.m.o. :  If you have trouble loading big shirts, you need practice, or adjustments in your technique, not a trick pallet. That's like putting flying buttresses on your outhouse.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Lizard

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 09:48:31 PM »
I my opinion longer pallets help more with alignment than wider.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
Nay on the expandable pallets for me, I like the concept, but the $$ could be better used for other things here. Probably the case with a lot of others as well. Loading the big shirts is trickier, but not that much trickier. I would worry about the extensions swinging out during indexing if there is no locking device.

Not to derail this, but a quality 3rd party pre reg system that does it right without carrier sheets / pins would probably be in high demand. Many of us have built or modded units out of necessity. Many of the DIY units folks have made here are just as good if not superior to what is on the market currently. There is a much bigger market for pre reg than for the expandable pallet I think.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 10:56:38 PM »
Nay on the expandable pallets for me, I like the concept, but the $$ could be better used for other things here. Probably the case with a lot of others as well. Loading the big shirts is trickier, but not that much trickier. I would worry about the extensions swinging out during indexing if there is no locking device.

Not to derail this, but a quality 3rd party pre reg system that does it right without carrier sheets / pins would probably be in high demand. Many of us have built or modded units out of necessity. Many of the DIY units folks have made here are just as good if not superior to what is on the market currently. There is a much bigger market for pre reg than for the expandable pallet I think.

Word