Author Topic: In dire need of a "builder' for a DTG home made printer - Atlanta!!  (Read 2656 times)

Offline kalisana

• Verified/Junior
Desperately looking for experts with enough experience about building a DTG home made Printer.
Sometimes back, I saw some listing about that. Right now I cant trace it. I'm looking for someone in Atlanta or surrounding areas.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: In dire need of a "builder' for a DTG home made printer - Atlanta!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
At one point a LONG while back there was a thread on tshirtforums that had step by step on how to do it with like a Epson C86 or something I think. That was just a CMYK, no white.

With how inexpensive you can get a CMYK unit these days though I think it really wouldn't be worth your time to make one. No to mention with a DIY unit there isn't a company behind it to support you WHEN there are issues.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »
...extremely curious about an apparent rep from Nairobi of Omniprint International  looking for this.
Enquiring minds want to know.  ???
I'm staying tuned.  8)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:53:36 AM »
...extremely curious about an apparent rep from Nairobi of Omniprint International  looking for this.
I'm staying tuned.  8)

Wow. I am still in my regular Monday fog, I didn't even register the signature line when responding.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:06 AM »
I'm staying tuned.  8)

Hmmm, and I thought it was actually Bon Jovi... yes, there were quite few DIY videos a couple of years ago.

steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 06:42:21 PM »
So my curiosity begs me to ask.

Since none of these can print white, they cannot be used for printing on dark (Black, Blue, etc) shirts needing an underbase and as such, is there that much of a market demand to go through all the work effort to print on white or very light colored shirts?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 09:27:53 PM »

Since none of these can print white, they cannot be used for printing on dark (Black, Blue, etc) shirts needing an underbase and as such, is there that much of a market demand to go through all the work effort to print on white or very light colored shirts?

1. I have a pretty steady demand for transfers which pretty much only go on white.
2. Brad, who was an pretty early adopter of the original Brother with no white made the jump to a white machine, but when it came time for a new one, went back to the simple route.
Perhaps he'll fill in some of the details of his market.

I think Wayne, that you are looking at this through rock band eyes, and there is a whole lotta' other world out there.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 10:48:59 PM »

1. I have a pretty steady demand for transfers which pretty much only go on white.
2. Brad, who was an pretty early adopter of the original Brother with no white made the jump to a white machine, but when it came time for a new one, went back to the simple route.
Perhaps he'll fill in some of the details of his market.

I think Wayne, that you are looking at this through rock band eyes, and there is a whole lotta' other world out there.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha  I like that.  "rock band eyes".   

Yea, it's rare as hen's teeth that I get orders on white.  But I gotta say, that would be wonderful if I did.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 08:22:30 AM »
My input...having white ink capabilities is great...until it becomes a burden.

The maintenance on the Brother GT3 series amounts to at least an hour or two per week.  Couple that with 15-20 pcs per hour production times and ink costs that are outrageous, and it's a recipe for disaster.  We wasted a ton of ink, got prints that looked great, but ultimately had a hard time finding the perfect market for them.  Which is more my fault than Brother's.

We do just fine with the CMYK printer.  It's less work, more profit and way less headache.

Offline kalisana

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:40 AM »
 :o The printer was needed for training purposes. 

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »
Prism DTG.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald