Author Topic: Entry Level DTG  (Read 3734 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Entry Level DTG
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:57:22 AM »
OK> Ive been peeking about for a entry Level DTG for my shop.

We are getting more and more orders for 24 pieces that need 4 -6 colors.

I was thinking of offering those as a DTG print, so I can keep my automatic spinning running our bigger jobs.  Looking for a DTG that can do good white on a dark shirt too.

What do you guys like?
Ive looked at Epson F2000, but I see a ton of them on the used market, and it makes me think there are some issues people have with it.

If I had my wish, Id be on the phone with M&R or Kornit.  But i know that isnt in the books for now...

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Entry Level DTG
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:08:26 AM »

Ive looked at Epson F2000, but I see a ton of them on the used market, and it makes me think there are some issues people have with it.

If I had my wish, Id be on the phone with M&R or Kornit.  But i know that isnt in the books for now...

Any help is appreciated.

Let's be optimistic and say that perhaps these folks had such good fortune with these entry-level units that they are now stepping up to the bigger and better and faster models.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »

Any help is appreciated.

Let's be optimistic and say that perhaps these folks had such good fortune with these entry-level units that they are now stepping up to the bigger and better and faster models.

I think you'd be kidding yourself LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 12:40:37 PM »
Every machine out there ain't that bad, it might be the user or like Frog stated moved to something faster, hard to build a house from the top down LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 12:59:20 PM »
Every machine out there ain't that bad, it might be the user or like Frog stated moved to something faster, hard to build a house from the top down LOL

Who said they were all bad? I think whats being said here is if there is a lot of a certain brands DTG always available, id wonder why.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »
the freejet 330tx does poly and poly blends shirts i have samples. denco denver is a rep for my area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
imo.... You do not want entry level....

Costs will be higher in the long run.  Issues can pop up as you get a job that is more detailed and now you will want a better unit etc... We have all heard the analogies by now.

If you are going to pull the trigger,  get the right unit that you can grow into.

Its kind of like getting your first 6 color auto, once you have bought it, you just outgrew it....
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 01:34:04 PM »
Define entry level....

Entry level means something different to different people. I know of "entry" level that to get the print started, you have to manually push the platen into place before printing. I personally wouldn't consider this entry level but maybe a step up from a hobby printer, but to enter the market, they sell it as inexpensively as they can so they disregard certain features like the platen moving into place on its own. If based on price, these would be more entry level, if basic standard features are what you are looking for to simplify certain tasks, then I would say these are not entry level.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »
imo.... You do not want entry level....

Buy once, the world is littered with used/broken entry level DTG machines that just don't get the job done.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »
Wait til next month, Brother is announcing what I think will be their new "entry level" DTG printer.

http://brothergtx.us

I'm always looking at DTG for this same reason, I think the reason there are so many used Epson's on the market is because mom and pop or "entry level" business "entrepreneurs" buy them but realize it's a lot of work and make more money selling promotional products without doing anymore than sending an email.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »
The print speeds on that thing look monstrous.  They badly needed an updated machine, they were getting hosed.  The GT3 series wasn't bad when it came out, but it did get eclipsed pretty quickly.

The ink prices still need to drop a bit.  They did drop ink prices with the GT3 series, maybe they'll do the same with this one.

There are also starting to be aftermarket inks out there for the Brother that are a lot cheaper.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 03:18:52 PM »
If Brother doesn't drastically reduce ink cost/use they will be in real trouble on this new one. They make a fine printer outside that if you can stomach the maintenance.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
That was the other thing, maybe they fixed the maintenance too.  Thanks for bringing that one back up.

Back to the subject, entry level and digital anything really don't mix well.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »
That was the other thing, maybe they fixed the maintenance too.  Thanks for bringing that one back up.

Back to the subject, entry level and digital anything really don't mix well.

The page they have for the printer mentioned it was reduced maintenance. So probably.

Offline kalisana

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 05:47:42 AM »
the freejet 330tx does poly and poly blends shirts i have samples. denco denver is a rep for my area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Low maintenance cost thus a great choice for startups and existing small sized retail businesses.