Author Topic: Got Slime?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline larryk

• !!!
Got Slime?
« on: August 16, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »
What I have here is a picture of a fellow that has been fishing for Blue Catfish. These fish have this slime on them and when they are caught some fisherman like to get a picture with them before they release them. As you can see at times the slime will transfer onto the garments. A guide at the lake wants me to  make him some shirts with something to resemble the slime and the phrase "I got SLIMED at Primetime Catfishing". But I'm not real sure how to make that "Slime" look. Ideas or suggestions?

Offline rusty

Re: Got Slime?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:12:09 PM »
what about printing with clear ink, maybe with a slight bit of color in it.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »
Glow in the dark can look a lot like snot / slime, can even feel that way too if you put enough of it down.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »
spray bottle with some waterbase ink, water it down and have a go at it...discharge if going on darks...maybe?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »
Gells will give you a wet look. 

We like using Rutland Ultrasoft Primer Clear for this.  We will add a very small percentage of black to darken the ink for some garments (.5%-1% C3 pigment).

FYI, the higher the poly content in the garment the darker the wet look. Example:  print straight clear on a cotton garment = almost invisible.  Print that on a 50/50, it looks almost wet.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:57:03 AM »
Maybe... Use more than one tint of clear (like a light blue-ish tint, then maybe the glow-in-the dark green tint), with some amount of shimmer/pearl mixed in? And then design the print so the colors overlap in some areas? Print through thick mesh, flash between, and that should give some dimensionality to the print, plus varying amounts of shine. (I've never done this before, just my thought process if I were asked for the same thing.)
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 12:12:26 PM »
Oil slick foil

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 04:14:18 PM »
Wow... sounds like there are many ways to make this project work. Thanks for all the great ideas. Larryk

Offline kadfon

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
spray bottle with some waterbase ink, water it down and have a go at it...discharge if going on darks...maybe?

+1 I think this is an nice idea  ;)