Author Topic: New to Separation Studio  (Read 2728 times)

Offline jwcarder

• Verified/Junior
New to Separation Studio
« on: August 18, 2017, 02:11:36 PM »
I am running my first test job out of Separation Studio. I didn't have much info in any of the channels other than red, white, and Gold. The print was done without a hilight white because I thought that brought too much white back in to the image. I ran this as 45LPI on 230's, but am thinking I will test it again on 305's at 55 LPI.

I am looking for any advice on changes I should make before running my next test.

Thanks!

Offline 1964GN

Re: New to Separation Studio
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
We stopped using Sep Studio because it always felt to limiting. You can still run the highlight just p/f it before your top colors... assuming you have the ability to with your equipment. We use 55lpi on 230's with no issue.... I'm a big fan of small dots.

Online Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: New to Separation Studio
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 03:43:55 AM »
I am running my first test job out of Separation Studio. I didn't have much info in any of the channels other than red, white, and Gold. The print was done without a hilight white because I thought that brought too much white back in to the image. I ran this as 45LPI on 230's, but am thinking I will test it again on 305's at 55 LPI.

I am looking for any advice on changes I should make before running my next test.

Thanks!
That`s what the saturation range adjustment sliders are for. You can tone down your hi-white with that.
I would suggest to read the instructions that came with Sep. Studio.