Author Topic: Bears....  (Read 3262 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Bears....
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »
I'll give Dan thumbs up because he really knows how to blend colors to make other colors, thats something I,ve been trying to work on to help curve some cost for my customers.  Abel that works with Killer is another guy that really understands how to blend colors to get others, I,ve printed his seps before and was wowed by them.  You can be a great artist and not have a clue how to get your art to print and some art guys can do both and Dan is one of them.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
Is there any way to see a close up of the brown area?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 05:31:44 PM »
I'd like to see a close up shot as well.  Would be good for me sep portfolio. :)

I'm very happy about this one because of it's ablitly to show what is possible.  The bigger pictur here is that it really does take two, or three, or more to make it all work just right. In Donnie's case, He's the printer, the ink guy and the screen guy, so he's got more control than the larger shops.  I can do the best seps I can, but you still need a good printer and everyone else down the path to a final printed tee. My seps are useless without everyone else doing their part as well. That Donnie, he knows how to stroke a screen well. I always say that I can guarantee good seps but I can't guarantee everyone is capable or already knows what needs to be done yet to make it all work well.  Although, I have been known to make a new printer dance and sing my praises in the streets. Hahaha.

Donnie is a good printer and an even better person. He gets better and better every time we do something together. He's probably going to be asking me to do something for a competition here soon. LOL. Competitions are for printers. They get all the glory anyways.  I begged and begged Pierre to include my name this time but noooooo.  He said NO, you get your own shop. :(  haha.

One good thing about Donnie is that for when he needs art done, he does pass work around to different artist and gives them a chance. He spreads the wealth and doesn't put all of his eggs in one basket. He's a great customer and we appreciate him. I don't get all of his work but maybe with this tee, he will start to give me a little more. :)

Cheers to Donnie!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 03:41:45 PM »
Nice job to both on the printing and the seps.   
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
Hey what about that Anatol press does it get any credit...you guys know ole Donnie and myself are red teamers LOL.  All joking aside Donnie and Pierre do some really nice printing from the art seps Dan provides...Great job guys one day you all might make a dollar or two in this biz. ;D

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!