Author Topic: Discharge Question  (Read 1611 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Discharge Question
« on: August 19, 2017, 08:53:58 PM »
I've have some Ryonet Clear Charge,  and ink pigments (fusion mixing system), and activator.

Does anyone know if, by using the mixing pigments with their correct pantone combinations for Ruby Red, and the activator, could I expect a reasonable Ruby Red on a 2 pass print on dischargeable black (Tultex) shirts?

In other words, lets say I got a correct Ruby Red discharge ink mix, would two passes (or 1/flash/1) produce anything close?

Or am I just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM5ZXNkWTdE

Open to any other suggestions to experiment.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Discharge Question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:30:32 PM »
Hey, depends. Lots of things to consider.

First the Ryonet D Base is still CCI as far as I know. And CCI D Base works very well as we go through about 5 or more gallons a week of it. So that is good.

But not sure about the Ryonet Green Galaxy pigments. I assume they would work with any discharge base though. Test test test.

Reds for most people are hard to nail with discharge. The chemicals in the discharge agent / activator hate red pigments and another reason for the justification of the use of fixer. You might have to do a double pigment load and back off of the activator. Again, test.

Tultex is generally okay but like most brands their black shirts can vary a lot with the dye lots. For example in a 500 shirt order 72 of the smalls might be a slight "green black" and the xlarges might be a slight "blue black" and the rest just black. AA used to be the worst offender with over dying their kelly green tees to black. But anyway, just watch out and keep clients informed.

If the pantone match must be dead nuts on do a clear discharge base with ruby red water base on top. Problem generally solved.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Discharge Question
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »
The pigment mix for pantone 200 has little gold, little yellow, fair ruby, little black, and little white.

Does that make sense?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers