Author Topic: wholesale dtg  (Read 1818 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
wholesale dtg
« on: August 22, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »
Is there such a thing? I live in a HUGE and growing community. My neighbors all hear that I print and want 1 for this and 2 for that and 1 more some something else... I know we are not ready for or gear for a dtg in house but I hate to tell all these people (not really that many) that I can't help them. Is anyone interested in a few 1 -3 piece orders? Will you please send me pricing? my email is orders at balloonprinting dot com.
Thanks.
Matt

When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: wholesale dtg
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:10:43 AM »
If no one chimes in, i have a place in Houston.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
Is there such a thing? I live in a HUGE and growing community. My neighbors all hear that I print and want 1 for this and 2 for that and 1 more some something else... I know we are not ready for or gear for a dtg in house but I hate to tell all these people (not really that many) that I can't help them. Is anyone interested in a few 1 -3 piece orders? Will you please send me pricing? my email is orders at balloonprinting dot com.
Thanks.
Matt

Good luck. When I was was doing this, I found that it wasn't worth my time for 1 or 2. After processing the order, checking the art,  and the cost of shipping, I needed 12 to make it worthwhile. Maybe you'll have better luck.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:19:40 AM »
What Frog said. Clerical time alone is worth more than what people will pay for a 1-2 shirt order. I only do those sorts of things as favors for people I already know (friends, relatives, and customers who normally order big). Then, I (and they!) know I'm not making money, and just charge to cover material costs. Even with this, I generally will only do 1-color screen print, or full-color dye sub (outsourced transfers). But for regular customers- no. I don't think anyone wants to pay what that time is really worth.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:23:40 AM »
I use Air Conway in Philly, but they have a 12 piece minimum. For the onesies twosies you might want to try inkjet print transfers or cut vinyl.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't