Author Topic: Digital HeatFX  (Read 1866 times)

Offline KevinO

• Verified/Junior
Digital HeatFX
« on: August 23, 2017, 02:12:48 PM »
Just came across Digital HeatFX. They use an Okidata printer that prints white as well as full color. With constant requests of full color low quantity and having not yet jumped into DTG, this seems like something to dip my toe in. They claim this can be put on all substrates regardless of blend. Curious if anyone on here has used this process or something like it and what the washes reveal as well as the reliability?

Video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJQL-4Qebzs
Stoked On Printing!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Digital HeatFX
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:36 PM »
The printer doesn't print a black, so it uses CMY to make it. I don't see how that can work, as K was added because CMY gives a muddy brownish gray. Ask for some samples you can heat press. It does sound intriguing, but no black?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:54:46 PM »
$4 a sheet of 11 x 17 is pretty steep, then cost of toner and over a two minute dwell time just for the paper at the heat press and no idea on wash fastness makes me feel meh about it.
"No man is an island"

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 07:26:14 AM »
I got a sample from them to try and see what it was all about, cracked in the wash first time. Could have been a fluke, but that was enough for me to say nope.

Offline KevinO

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 03:03:30 PM »
I got a sample from them to try and see what it was all about, cracked in the wash first time. Could have been a fluke, but that was enough for me to say nope.

This was my thought of what would happen. In theory it seems like a decent idea, but at the end of the day it looks like a glorified inkjet transfer you buy from Walmart.
Stoked On Printing!