Author Topic: Harvey  (Read 1254 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Harvey
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »
Surprised it hasn't been asked yet, is everyone in that area ok? I know there is a lot of shops in that area of Texas hope everyone is ok.
"No man is an island"

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Harvey
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 07:10:06 PM »
So far it's been very mild where we are (houston). Light rain but constant. There were 3 active tornados about 20 mins north of us though.

Tonight is supposed to be when the rough stuff kicks in...
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 09:33:49 AM »
We were without power only from 2 - 7 a.m. on Saturday.  Otherwise, just a LOT of rain.  No flooding. 
Rumor is (old wive's tales ) that Dow and other chemical plants put off enough heat and other junk in the air around the Freeport, TX area that it pushes a lot of the bad weather away from my area....and I've witnessed that on the radar quite a few times this go around.

I printed up a bunch of shirts on Friday for a church retreat for a church in the area north of Corpus Christi.  I sure hope they are still able to go on the retreat.  If not, I'll just donate the shirts to them.   

With so many volunteer groups going out to help, I'll probably donate printing services for 'work crew' shirts.   Anybody else do that kind of thing? 

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 10:16:50 AM »
Sunday morning update:
Most of Inner Houston is under water. My house, thankfully is on higher ground, but our road is about waist high in water.

Some of my employees and friends are currently on their 2nd floors and rooftops, as their bottom floor is flooded.
Night Owls

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 11:46:48 AM »
Eric -

Prayers to you/family and your employees.  I'm about to suit up and go do some help around the area.  New evacuations around Brazoria and lots of friends in need.  I'll probably bring extra/misprinted shirts to give away to those in need.  It is amazing how quickly water elevation went up.  I lived in Houston during Allison and Katrina and was in a similar situation.  When the opportunity to move to Lake Jackson came up, I went.

Keep me updated on how your are doing.

Darren

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »
Not flooded but here are pics from the front of our house.   But believe me, it's so sad seeing folks getting flooded in the Meyerland area for 3rd time in about so many years.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:16:20 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
Looks pretty rough on CNN.
Hope you guys are all OK.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 03:58:04 PM »
Parts of the city have it so much worse than us.  Sad.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »
this is during a calm portion of today. from about an hour ago!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:00:50 PM by Frog »
Night Owls