Author Topic: Looking To Get Some Artwork Done!  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
Looking To Get Some Artwork Done!
« on: September 03, 2017, 06:37:10 PM »
I purchased a 6/6 Antec Legend, Vastex Conveyor Dryer, Flash Unit, Shur-Loc frames Etc. With a belief that I would be able to find a graphic artist that would work for me, well that has been proving to be the hardest part, I can't find one!

I have such a desire to get this off the ground but can't get my Artwork done. So now I'm reaching out beyond my City to see if I can get my personal stuff done till I find a local Graphic Artist that wants to work with me.

What I have are about 10 Ideas that I would like to make into shirts which are mostly Christian based. So what I'm looking for is someone to take my Ideas and make them Art, most of them are sayings but I want them dressed up a little not just a bunch of writing, For example some Filigree added Etc. I know mostly Everyone here has full blown business's and may not have the time like I'm finding locally but to those that may know someone or are available please let me know, thanks. Text me @408-426-7331 I'm located in San Jose California.

Offline Northland

Re: Looking To Get Some Artwork Done!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »
What I have are about 10 Ideas that I would like to make into shirts which are mostly Christian based. So what I'm looking for is someone to take my Ideas and make them Art, most of them are sayings but I want them dressed up a little not just a bunch of writing, For example some Filigree added Etc. I know mostly Everyone here has full blown business's and may not have the time like I'm finding locally but to those that may know someone or are available please let me know, thanks. Text me @408-426-7331 I'm located in San Jose California.
.... a couple options for your consideration:
https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphics-design/t-shirts?source=side-menu
https://99designs.com/t-shirt-design

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:19:49 PM »
Thanks for info but already know about them and I'm not interested in using them, thanks again.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 07:01:22 PM »
There are a few showing art and contact info in the post below. Keep going down the list. You will see some.

I like this guys style and can do the more basic "type layouts adding filigree etc. http://boldlinedesign.com/
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
There are a few showing art and contact info in the post below. Keep going down the list. You will see some.

I like this guys style and can do the more basic "type layouts adding filigree etc. http://boldlinedesign.com/

Thanks, much appreciated info.

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
Dottonedan, Sorry if I'm missing something but what post below? The link u gave is only for one site.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 10:56:58 PM »
Interesting.  The link,  http://boldlinedesign.com/ takes me to that artist website. Not here.

When I refer to below, I'm referring to the artist section. More specifically the "Show us what you've done lately" section. You will see artist posting examples and contact info.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 11:54:47 PM »
And now that Redeemed has enough posts, he can also check out the freelancers in the Member to Member section as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 08:27:41 AM »
When you do find someone, you want to be able to be fairly specific so as to not waste their time. It can be frustrating for both if constant tweaking is necessary, or, "No, that's not even close to what I was thinking." Look over christian based designs on line, find something that you like, and use that to show your prospective artist and ask them if they can do something with the same "feel". Good luck, and welcome aboard, this is a nice place.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
you want to be able to be fairly specific so as to not waste their time. It can be frustrating for both if constant tweaking is necessary, or, "No, that's not even close to what I was thinking."

Steve you said a mouthful there, very hard to read someone's mind :-\
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »
you want to be able to be fairly specific so as to not waste their time. It can be frustrating for both if constant tweaking is necessary, or, "No, that's not even close to what I was thinking."

Steve you said a mouthful there, very hard to read someone's mind :-\

Even though they thought they were being really descriptive, LOL

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »
Look over christian based designs on line, find something that you like, and use that to show your prospective artist and ask them if they can do something with the same "feel".
Steve

+1 on this. A picture is worth a thousand words - give examples pics (or links to pics) of the look you want. Your reference images can come from anywhere, as long as they show the design style you want. Example: I just did a design for a youth group where the request was to make it look like an old-school heavy metal concert tour shirt. They gave me some reference images, I found some others, and went from there.

Always tell your designer what must be included, i.e., specific text, logos, etc. Then tell them your ideas that he/she is free to work with or change.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 07:36:08 PM »
All good helpful information, thanks.

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »
Interesting.  The link,  http://boldlinedesign.com/ takes me to that artist website. Not here.

When I refer to below, I'm referring to the artist section. More specifically the "Show us what you've done lately" section. You will see artist posting examples and contact info.

Thanks, got it! ????

Offline TORB

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »
Hi Redeemed,  did you found someone to help with your artwork? if not here is the phone number of my friend, call him, his a graphic artist(graphic designer),he collaborate with too many brands, here in California.When I have a complicated design I always call him for help, here you go: 714 454 0445 Marcos .  Call him and Good Luck with your projects .
Best Regards
Fernando Nieto
714 341 7667
The Old Ruler T-Shirt Co.