Author Topic: How would you print this?  (Read 2391 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
How would you print this?
« on: September 05, 2017, 10:12:55 AM »
Customer wants to print this, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it.
They want me to pick the best color shirt for the design as well. 100 shirts. I'm thinking a charcoal shirt would be best...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How would you print this?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »
This is one of those piece's of art that looks very simple, but has more detail than the untrained eye can see, wish I had the answer for you.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
This is one of those piece's of art that looks very simple, but has more detail than the untrained eye can see, wish I had the answer for you.
Yeah that's the problem I'm having. I know it looks simple enough, but the amount of greys and the eclipse, looks to be about 8 colors... i only have a 6 color press, and I don't think I can get it done properly on that...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
White
yellow
orange
light grey
dark grey
black

This is what I would do if I had to get very very close, mesh counts would be 230 or higher except the white 230 so everything would blend pretty good.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Biverson

How would you print this?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »
You could get away with 3 colors. Use the charcoal color of the shirt for the middle gray, halftone the white for the top shading, black for the bottom and then orange. You could throw a grey or two in there to help and interlock with the black, white and orange. Client might like that price better, and easier setup for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:25:04 PM by Biverson »
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline photoscreenprint

• Print Artist and Color Separation technician
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »
1 Base white
2 Yellow
3 Orange
4 Gray
5 Black
6 Hl White
This is very doable in 6 colors. I agree with the above posts, in that it would be it would be nice to use several grays. I would opt for a highlight white, however, to get the brightness of the sun while keeping a soft hand on the base. The white HL and the Black can be used to overprint a medium gray to get the light and dark grays. This approach works well with an image like this, just make sure you compensate for the dot gain on that black so the values are not blown out.
Cheers.       
Artist and Color Separator with 30 years in the industry. From Ruby lithe, Ortho film and PMT to Photoshop, Javascript and Direct to Screen.. What a trip! Check out my Color Separation work at:
https://www.photoscreenprint.com