Author Topic: Looks like a rough ride ahead.  (Read 3145 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Looks like a rough ride ahead.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »
Having lived there for 2 ys I can tell you much of the inland is living just above the poverty level........its not all rum punches and rhumba. St Thomas is on of the Mainlands red-headed stepchildren

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 06:34:46 AM »
The owner checked out the shop yesterday. No major damage for us. A few small roof leaks. No power which is going to suck big time. We have several thousand shirts due today and that ain't gonna happen, on top of a couple thousand more odds and ends. It's going to hurt pretty bad if they end up going to a printer in the area that has power.

We have a small crew going in today to get everything unwrapped and back into place so we can hit the ground running as soon as the power comes back on. When it does there are going to be some damn long days, and nights.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 08:12:55 AM »
  Although 250,000 lost power in the city and the entire downtown is flooded, I
didn't lose power at all and this morning the shop has power and internet which
really suprised me. Once they get all of the trafic lights working again it shouldn't
be too bad for me anyway. A lot of people in the city are much less fortunate. If
I can find some gas on the way home today, I can even work the rest of the week.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »
I'm in South Jax. We were very lucky. We had a lot of wind and even more rain but no real damage in my area. I am going to try to get to the shop today but some roads are still blocked or closed. I will know more today. If anybody in area needs anything that I can help please do not hesitate to ask!
Good luck to ALL.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 10:36:09 AM »
 "If anybody in area needs anything that I can help please do not hesitate to ask!"

You don't have to be in FL to make that offer. I extend the same offer. If you need anything, ask and I'll try to help.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »
Same here.
steve

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
Same here if any of you need help we'll do what we can.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dsh

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
Arcadia FL here, north of Ft Meyers.  Shop had no problems and has power.  Home was relatively unscathed, but no power and temps in the 90's.  Just found out that they expect it will be the 22nd till we get power at home.  The humm of generators has replaced the crickets.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
Wow 10 days no power. Hope you have water. No worries about the spelling of Fort Myers. Having lived there as well I know locals are sensitive to that. That said even the Weather Channel doesn't always get it right. Here to help as well. We were spared; dodged a bullet. But my Clemson GF got it worse. No power up there.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »
Go to www.usvirginislandsdailynews.com if you're interested. Its typical island chaos

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »
That offer to help stands here as well.  Just pm me if needed.
It's not a job if you love doing it.