Author Topic: name drops  (Read 930 times)

Offline AAMike

name drops
« on: September 11, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
I have a job that is 5,000 one color left chest. We will store and they will order once a month to pull and have a name put on the right chest. Each order is the 5 shirts with the same name and size. We may do 200 shirts per order. Stahls and transfer express has pricing at 1.15 per name on vinyl and 1.65 per name in plastisol. What would you price the name application and would you do it in-house at a cheaper price? We have a vinyl cutter or could print transfers. Labor is hard to come by because we are busy so I am thinking of the stahls option. Any opinion would be appreciated.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: name drops
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 01:59:43 PM »
Personally i would print them in house, and save that money. Printing a single transfer screen, with names is a piece of cake.

but if labor is hard to find, then it might be an issue, as you'll need to find someone to set up the page, print the page, cut the page, and store.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »
If you are getting names 200 at a time, groups of 5, I would probably print transfers rather than cut vinyl. With any luck there are repeats, like John, Mike, Sue etc... on the other hand, having an outside source means you can do something else that makes money while waiting for the transfers to arrive.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline AAMike

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Ordering transfer paper ink and powder.