Author Topic: dye sublimation on poly shirts  (Read 995 times)

Offline dlac

dye sublimation on poly shirts
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »
I have just started doing dye sub transfers on Poly shirts and i am so impressed can hardly contain myself.. struggled a little first tests (12) but more into it and about ready to go out and try to sell some shirts.. any ideas on easy printing. any ideas at all on anything.. would love some tips and input.. have HIX air.. 40#s for 30 seconds at 425 degrees.. have used white, grey.. great fish design on saftey yellow.. just really  thrilled with it.. Had bunch of old 4C designs that now I can use with nothing but shirts and press..
dlac
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:45:07 PM by Frog »
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline redwoodtees

Re: dye sublimation on poly shirts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »
Post some pictures! I'm curious about getting into dye sub also, to add some breadth to my retail line. My brother works for Voler, a cycling apparel manufacturer in California (100% dye sub). I got a tour of their facility - it was quite impressive. Design, cut, print, and sew (or sometimes print, cut, sew) all done under one roof. Seems like a great, relatively simple way to produce a high quality full color image. The only problem of course, is.. polyester. Have you looked at many poly shirts, and have you found one that you like in particular?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »
getting around paper trim lines can be a problem (we've only done a little) but making a proper pillow under the image (smaller than the paper) so the edges of the paper fall off the edge of the pillow solved that. My 2 cents...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:42:11 AM »
Though dye sub can certainly produce some beautiful prints, have you also looked into inkjet transfers made with standard pigment (or even dye) inks?
Like dye sublimation, the nice soft ones are limited to white or very light shirts, but are not limited to polyester as needed for sublimation.
Standard inks, standard shirts, almost no hand, what's not to love?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?