Author Topic: Stressed with Nazdar!  (Read 3784 times)

Online Atownsend

• !!!
Re: Stressed with Nazdar!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »
I have started to move my purchasing to another supplier. About a year ago I had a huge blow up with them because they were charging me hazardous shipping on 4 quarts of Liquid Renuit. Well I usedf to work on the supply side and I know renuit does not ship hazardous below a certain quantity. I argued with them several times on the phone then called CCI directly and got paper proof Renuit only ships hazardous above 5 gallons. Back on the phone with Nazdar I was able to get a refund of some of the money we lost in hazardous shipping costs. Fast forward today and recently I had a bad convo with one of their CS because they still try and charge me the %30 haz charges every time we order 4 quarts of Renuit. The problem is they put the burden on the customer to inform them that the less than 5 gallons does not require Hazardous shipping, if you do not inform them at purchase they are brain dead and charge it anyways because their 1990's computer system is not intelligent enough to break down shipping requirements based on quantity. My problem is I have 2 different people that will sometimes call in orders and they do not know to inform them that the Renuit does not require haz charges. So when this happens I have to call them and get the charges reversed.

It is ridiculous that their system cannot automatically deal with something as simple as this.

I can only imagine how many people are being ripped off the $30 hazardous shipping fees on their Renuit not knowing it is not needed.

Haz fees are the #1 reason why I stopped buying from them. #2 they're charging me sales tax the they are out of state, #3 they effeed up the last 3 of our orders in one form or another. The only thing I buy from the now is silicone ink and I make sure to buy it way in advance so it actually gets here.

Too big to fail? Not when there are so many other better vendors out there.

With that being said, when I need some crazy ink for a weird project, there really is nobody else to call. But I do my best not to take on weird flat stuff anymore.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »
I stopped dealing with them when I ordered a squeegee sharpener and then was contacted by email saying they couldn't deliver that to my area.   I ended up buying a used one and then 2 days later a brand new one showed up at the shop from Nazdar.  I called them and told them I wouldn't be needing that one and I needed to send it back.  That's when they informed me that there would be a restocking fee.  Thank God, I saved the emails.  I know everyone makes mistakes but they were kind of nasty about it.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Northland

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 05:03:15 PM »
Well... it certainly sounds as if Nazdar has lost some customers and will probably struggle to get them back.
Which may explain their 20% off sale.

In my case, I ordered 2 gallons of Epic Quick White and one gallon of Epic Matte Black.
... Placed the order on Tuesday A.M. and took delivery today (Thursday).
The "delivered" price was cheaper from Nazdar than the "Will Call" price at Midwest.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »
Because Midwest has always raked its customers over the coals with pricing....
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.