Author Topic: Roq equipment/plastisol ink  (Read 6459 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Roq equipment/plastisol ink
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 08:02:01 PM »
I suck at uploading to YouTube and taking video but here's a couple raw video from today at my shop. If you notice how dirty the machines are it relates to how busy we are. The last month I hit record totals and if I had to double stroke this would not happen. I invite anyone to my shop or other roq shops I know are running as fast or faster all day then most out there. Total bs for anyone without solid experience to make these claims. Also a video from another shop before the new turbo flashes. These guys print faster then most every shop I've seen always around 1000+ per hr on huge prints. These roq machines and the new ones coming out are even faster.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzYvVviLho&app=m&persist_app=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l-2WNkx1q4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQkLs1-pROM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=48FkcS-AhYA
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:10:02 PM by DannyGruninger »
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:17 PM »
Danny on the one video do i see you are single stroke the white underbase and a highlight white. Not sure i saw that correct.

Shane

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:43 PM »
Danny on the one video do i see you are single stroke the white underbase and a highlight white. Not sure i saw that correct.

Shane

All those videos are single stroke for all underbases and colors...

Again not sure how the roq print head can be claimed as weak. If you want choppers all you gotta do is ask lol
Danny Gruninger

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 11:00:34 PM »

Shane

Again not sure how the roq print head can be claimed as weak. If you want choppers all you gotta do is ask lol
Did it have a highlight white also?
Thx,
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 11:27:30 PM »

Shane

Did it have a highlight white also?
Thx,
Shane

Pretty much every job we do here that has white appearing in the design gets 2 white screens which usually single stroke on both unless we are running high mesh like 280+ which we might double stroke then.
Danny Gruninger

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 12:18:02 AM »
Thanks! By the way what mesh was those 156S or?
Thanks again,
Shane

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 12:34:45 AM »
We use a lot of 150/48 for bases and 225/40 for colors. 150/225/280 covers 90% of what we use
Danny Gruninger

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 12:46:03 AM »
Just regular mesh or S-mesh. if you are ever in grand junction look me up.
Thanks,
Shane

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 06:43:39 AM »
We ran this one last week. One stroke on everything. I will admit that we don't often make this happen. It's something we are still trying to dial in but we are getting there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZUCcXWntZP/?taken-by=40millimeter

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:27 AM »
I'm not understanding the debate really. I clear the white screen with one stroke 99% of the time here and we have a Press that cannot be named. Sometimes on weird fabrics like tri blends we may have to hit it twice to clear but thats about the only times unless there is seams or something. Even on our old Javelin I could get a cleared white screen most of the time if the ink was warm and stirred up. To be honest I have a harder time getting a good clean stroke with Blacks than I do with white.
"No man is an island"

Offline TL

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »
My original post was not meant to be accusatory toward any brand or type of press.  This is the type of conversation that I was hoping for with honest feedback, which I know not everyone will give.   I know there is no such thing as a perfect press, on different jobs you wish it had this or that...  But I will take all the info I get here and adjust my ongoing research.
I thought I had read in a thread a while ago that there were a few people that were saying  they had to double stroke almost all of their underbases on a Roq press.  I don't know how any of those people operate their shop of the specifics of the mesh, emulsion, etc, so it is entirely possible that they do not have those aspects dialed in correctly or maybe I just read it incorrectly.
I really appreciate all the feedback from all of the printers out there doing this all day everyday, you guys/girls know how it really goes down.  I'm not the type of person that will make any major purchase solely based on a sales pitch(nobody should), so again, all of this info is greatly appreciated.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »
not sure if Alan's comments are directed at the ROQ presses, but for anybody wanting to know, I am aware of one individual's press that is having to reduce the speed substantially to get the ink coverage in one stroke. Not sure if that has been fixed by now or not, but it seems that one press is causing everybody to lump the rest with it.
So, for the record, we regularly print at close to 1,000 pcs per hour (speed) with white ink and are not having any clearing issues (on both the ECO and YOU). This is with rather large open areas. I've seen Danny do the same with great results. The pressures required for those results are similar to our MHM which has a four cylinder design. We are unable to do it at 15-20 PSI like Alan and 25 PSI is a stretch. For the most part when running at higher speeds we are above 40PSI. Joe Clarke was here few weeks ago and we set up a 9-zone test he has. I think we did OK before any tweaking, but after some adjustments, he said that was as good as he has ever seen (I think he said he has seen only one that was better).

I am not aware of any presses that can't clear white ink (good white ink , like Joe's) with one stroke, but I've only worked with MHM and ROQ so far.

pierre

We clear Joe's Synergy NexgGen Cotton white 1 stroke all day long every day, high speed strokes, mesh counts ranging from 130 S to 225 S. Even some old still hanging around 125 T mesh. The choppers on the GT3 are just strong. Now, put those same screens on my old DB, stroke has to slow down, or add way more pressure. The strength of the choppers between the two models does make a huge difference there. But, there are tons of videos I've posted of single passe total clearing of the screens, usually running about 20-25 psi on our GT3 with un-modified Nexgen cotton white, even the poly. Not press manufacturing debating here, just stating our experience with our presses, screens, and Joe Clarke's awesome ink. I know more than a few guys with a different brand having issues here and it boils down to a design in a print head. Not that it's a bad thing, I think there are just some adjustments that have to made differently in each given machine/brand ect, to pull off the same method in actual production.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 12:54:58 PM »
I keep hearing about "multiple people with issues" only from other manf sales reps OR on this forum. I'd love for the people to come on here and air this out so there's no more confusion. We all know Sharples and Gilmartin have not been happy with their machines but it needs to be said they have the very first gen machines that were sent to USA. Who else is having issues besides those two guys? 

Comparing the situation to an auto manf you can easily look at the history of those companies and see they have all had "issues".... Has chrysler always made a good engine? Probably not becase why would they evolve from a flat head to a wedge then to a hemi, etc...... It's a constant progression of innovation.

I have extended invites to Joe Clarke and anyone else who would want to come to my shop and do several days of testing on the roq machines. We have no issues here at all but I am open to having someone show me how the print head is weak as that will give me the info to have roq make changes. Personally I feel the print head design is superior but of course that is debatable.

Danny Gruninger

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
All other variables being identical, our Eco not only clears spot color plasti in one stroke but it deposits more ink than the autos with rubber on the platens and four chopper systems.   I was surprised to hear my printers telling me they are putting simple spot color jobs on the Eco that our other auto would normally handle because the opacity was much better and easier to achieve on the Eco. 

Our meshes are similar to what Danny listed, we use slightly different blades here but our strokes look almost identical from the video clip I watched. 

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 02:39:58 PM »
I wonder how much the honeycomb boards impact what both of you are seeing, as far as ink opacity in one stroke.

Pierre is the only one here I remember having run a MHM with similar platens.  Is there any difference between the MHM and ROQ for ink laydown?

Both Pierre and Chris run very similarly, so I am interested....  That coupled with almost zero platen/arm deflection....

All I know for certain is the top of my prints need heavier pressure to fully clear the screen than the bottom of the same print.  14 color Sportman EXG. Mesh counts used 150/48 - 180/48 - 225/40 - 270/34 26-28 newton tension.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.