Author Topic: Roq equipment/plastisol ink  (Read 6461 times)

Offline KevinO

• Verified/Junior
Re: Roq equipment/plastisol ink
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 03:55:43 PM »
We have zero issues with pressure/clearing on either our You or Eco. Just recently we ran 6,300 impressions on our Eco on Red Tee's with base white and top white. Also we are just running legacy white which is definitely not a top of the line creamy white. I think we can all agree that there are so many variables that goes into prepress that you can't knock the machines print head for not clearing ink, especially when you're talking about presses in this price range. Our first auto was a 1994 Javelin which sucked at the time, but boy did we learn about variables and printing in general from that thing.
Stoked On Printing!

Offline kevin_eastend

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »
We only run plastisol on our 2 ROQ presses with no issues at all. In fact we just purchased a 3rd :)
If anyone is on the East Coast and likes to check ours out as well feel free to drop me a line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 07:57:18 AM »
We only run plastisol on our 2 ROQ presses with no issues at all. In fact we just purchased a 3rd :)
If anyone is on the East Coast and likes to check ours out as well feel free to drop me a line.

Where on the East Coast any where near CT?
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 08:01:43 AM »
I wonder how much the honeycomb boards impact what both of you are seeing, as far as ink opacity in one stroke.

Pierre is the only one here I remember having run a MHM with similar platens.  Is there any difference between the MHM and ROQ for ink laydown?

Both Pierre and Chris run very similarly, so I am interested....  That coupled with almost zero platen/arm deflection....

All I know for certain is the top of my prints need heavier pressure to fully clear the screen than the bottom of the same print.  14 color Sportman EXG. Mesh counts used 150/48 - 180/48 - 225/40 - 270/34 26-28 newton tension.

Personally, I think the difference between rubber and no rubber is bigger than anything else. Unfortunately, I have no experience to back that up other than my manual press.
As far as the difference between the MHM and ROQ, I am not on the press enough to be able to tell.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline kevin_eastend

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »

Yes right across the sound on Long Island.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »
I wonder how much the honeycomb boards impact what both of you are seeing, as far as ink opacity in one stroke.

Pierre is the only one here I remember having run a MHM with similar platens.  Is there any difference between the MHM and ROQ for ink laydown?

Both Pierre and Chris run very similarly, so I am interested....  That coupled with almost zero platen/arm deflection....

All I know for certain is the top of my prints need heavier pressure to fully clear the screen than the bottom of the same print.  14 color Sportman EXG. Mesh counts used 150/48 - 180/48 - 225/40 - 270/34 26-28 newton tension.

Personally, I think the difference between rubber and no rubber is bigger than anything else. Unfortunately, I have no experience to back that up other than my manual press.
As far as the difference between the MHM and ROQ, I am not on the press enough to be able to tell.

pierre

When we went from our m&r to roq we saw approx 8-10% difference in dot gain between rubber and no rubber... Obviously other variables but it was a pretty big difference

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 04:16:11 PM »

Good to know. Wasn't sure if any Roq's were in our area yet.

"No man is an island"

Offline kevin_eastend

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »

Good to know. Wasn't sure if any Roq's were in our area yet.

Yes very close right on Long Island.

If you have any questions or need anything reach out.

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 05:13:55 PM »

pierre

When we went from our m&r to roq we saw approx 8-10% difference in dot gain between rubber and no rubber... Obviously other variables but it was a pretty big difference

May I ask, did you switch to rubber platens or away from them? And then following that, did you see an increase or decrease in dot gain?  We've never used rubber platens. Not real sure their purpose.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »

pierre

May I ask, did you switch to rubber platens or away from them? And then following that, did you see an increase or decrease in dot gain?  We've never used rubber platens. Not real sure their purpose.

We went from rubber top to no rubber top(honeycomb aluminum)...... We saw less dot gain on the aluminum pallets vs the rubber top pallets. I know roq will make both rubber top and aluminum top depending on the request.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse