Author Topic: Plasticharge Question  (Read 4374 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Plasticharge Question
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »
Short..........just steam it off

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »
Short..........just steam it off

Thanks
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »
We use Union's Plasticharge, sporadically, and we only clean it up with water, we do use the pressure washer judiciously to do it.

Steve

Steve, when you do use Union's Plasticharge, what ink are you mixing with it?  Maxopake/Mixopake or?

Not Steve, but I think that the Union only comes as white, while the Oasis Plascharge from Wilflex is available as a base.

They have the premixed white, needing the ZFS, and a base to mix colors into...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »
We use Union's Plasticharge, sporadically, and we only clean it up with water, we do use the pressure washer judiciously to do it.

Steve

Steve, when you do use Union's Plasticharge, what ink are you mixing with it?  Maxopake/Mixopake or?

Not Steve, but I think that the Union only comes as white, while the Oasis Plascharge from Wilflex is available as a base.

They have the premixed white, needing the ZFS, and a base to mix colors into...

Steve

I hope that that's still correct but all I find on the site now is this
https://www.unionink.com/product-selector/?chemistry%5B%5D=5&wpv_view_count=-TCPID40&wpv-product-substrate=cotton
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 09:41:59 PM »
I've used union's plasticharge a bit and what I've done is a 30/70 mix using more ink than plasticharge to get a nicer color and this is using union's ultrasoft inks, so I'm thinking that using a heavier pigment ink you might go 45/55 with 45 being you ink load.

Thanks for this info on using Union Ultrasoft.  I just did some testing using Ultrasoft 70/ Ryocharge 30/ Activator 6 and I was really impressed with the results.  Washed the shirts, image stayed and they have a soft feel.  Probably not as soft as waterbase, but way softer than straight plastisol.  Thumbs Up.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 09:48:50 PM »
For a test run, what do you think the outcome "might" be if I tried using the 60% halftone screen with clear discharge (not 100%) and printed the two top colors with the Union Ultrasoft inks?  Is there enough there for the clear discharge to take a bite or will it just come out splotchy?

I would give it a shot, nothing to lose really.  If the 60% base was good enough with plastisol then it should give similar results although a bit dimmer with discharge as you won't get the dot gain you would with plastisol.  I would really try to saturate the shirt to get as much base down as possible to give a good layer for the top colors to go down on, even with the halftones.

We do halftone bases with discharge all the time, but more for sim process than spot colors.

Zane,
I gave it a try as Test #1 - Clear Discharge for UB and top coats of Union Ultrasoft.  Then I tried Test #2 without any UB, just mixed 70/30 Ultrasoft with 30 Ryocharge.  I liked Test #2 best, at least for this set of screens.  I'll keep Discharge UB under consideration for another job down the line.  Thanks.