Author Topic: Which CorelDraw  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
Which CorelDraw
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:26:49 PM »
I'm looking to buy X6 if I can find it because I know when I was looking into buying this years ago this was the one that everyone said was the go too. Is X6 still good or X7, X8? I know absolutely nothing about Coreldraw besides what I've seen on YouTube and the plugins look very learnable like SimpleSeps Smart Rip 4.0.

I'm also looking to buy Illustrator CS5 with AccuRip because people say its best to have both but I don't know what to do really I wished I had a dedicated Graphic arts guy but he pulled out! So now that I have all this brand new equipment I have to make it work, time to get to learning! Any and all help will be much appreciated thanks.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Which CorelDraw
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:39:41 PM »
I still am happy with X6. It will help you create anything that you want, but I don't think that it is very good with newer Illy files.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:19:45 PM »
corel 2017 is good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:28:35 PM »
X6 is fine for me too.  Got mine at a very good price on Ebay.  Original DVD and code, not a copy.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:06:22 AM »
Just got a new Win 10 laptop and X4 won't work. What's the earliest version that would work on Win 10?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 01:29:39 AM »
From what I have read, all versions prior to X7 are iffy. Note that I am still on Win 7 on all of my machines.
Some folks report good luck on some Win 10 machines with X4 but not on others. Many say that various other versions work but lose some features. Some report luck using something called Compatibility Mode.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »
X6 on Win 10 - 64 Bit. 

There was one quirky thing where drawing a box would not fill in correctly.  I had to surf on Corel sites and found 2 updates.  Once updated, works great.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 02:13:24 PM »
I have stopped at X6 it does what I need done. But would like to know what 2017 has that X6 doesn't. If anyone knows

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »
I have stopped at X6 it does what I need done. But would like to know what 2017 has that X6 doesn't. If anyone knows

Yes I would too! OK so X6 people are still happy with Awesome! Does X7, X8 Differ hugely from X6, meaning would there really be a need to step up? I will be using Windows 10 I see some people say it works some say it don't, also I will be wanting to get the plugins like SimpleSeps Smart Rip 4.0 and others, will they work with windows 10? Thanks for the help!

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »
Does X6 support all these Files?

Improved compatibility of 2017

Create, prepare and share your finished designs with a collection of the latest industry-standard file formats in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2017, including AI, PSD, PDF, JPG, PNG, SVG, DWG, DXF, EPS, TIFF, DOCX and PPT. Whether you’re working on small-scale projects, such as logos and web graphics, or larger pieces, such as banners and car wraps, CorelDRAW will help you deliver the output you need in just the right format.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 08:52:13 PM »
Yes. Not much difference in x6 and x7. Some but nothing that will hinder you.