Author Topic: clear transfer paper/  (Read 3444 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
clear transfer paper/
« on: October 04, 2017, 12:52:56 PM »
Does anyone have a source for this in the US?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: clear transfer paper/
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:09:20 PM »
We used to get it from NW Graphic but it doesn't look like they carry it on the site anymore.   Kind of wished we had explored it more, it really speeds up application on the heat press.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »
What is this clear paper you speak of?  ???
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:22:14 PM »
Just as it sounds.  Transparent enough to position the transfer very accurately and quickly.  Prints fairly well and we never had an issue curing it either.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 03:25:59 PM »
Someone posted about an overseas source a while back, not sure about US.  I ran across it a while back, but can't remember where.  It was pricey...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »
Just as it sounds.  Transparent enough to position the transfer very accurately and quickly.  Prints fairly well and we never had an issue curing it either.

So, one wouldn't have to trim as accurately, as well as making it much easier to dodge seams and such that may otherwise get in the way.
Right?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline starchild

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 03:56:14 PM »
It's called PET - release/heat transfer film.. Although most would point to it's transparent attributes, It's main feature is it's stable cahracter in the production environment- No contracting and expanding like pulp from a tree..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »
Yessir Frog.

Also yes on the stability, anything helps in that department. 

Offline Admiral

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 04:36:53 PM »
It's called PET - release/heat transfer film.. Although most would point to it's transparent attributes, It's main feature is it's stable cahracter in the production environment- No contracting and expanding like pulp from a tree..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is it good up to 260F or so?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 04:51:20 PM »
I too would love to know of a domestic source. 

Starchild, do you know of anyone domestically?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »
Domineight from this forum gave me these details

Quote from: domineight
Casey@jbscreenprinting.com

Chinese girl, she will look after you. Install whatsapp on your phone as she's easier to get a hold of. She's basically a sales bot for a company called "kenteer new material and science". You can google them and see a little of what they do.

The product you want is "1185B" in 640x480mm sheet size. 100um weight.

Still isn't US Source, but could be helpful, although I emailed and never got a response, didn't try WhatsApp.

Quote from: domineight
Forget about printing transfers the way you are. Sure it gets it done but it's inefficient and obviously a high reject count.

Correct, flatbed press, pre shrink the sheets first then flash down the dryer on a faster belt speed after printing each colour. Final cure belt speed/temp should be the same as your initial pre shrink pass down the dryer.

The media is PET,  or silicone coated polyethylene. Very stable.

As for a dryer, I've used a small vastex econored with good results,  and have actually just purchased a two chamber Lil red X2 also from vastex, specifically for this system.

Adhesive,  best results are with Wilflex transfer printable adhesive and if you use crystals,  also only the Wilflex variety.  They'll have one weight of crystal so you can't go wrong.

I have a Thieme 4 poster press so production is very fast, but also I have an atma clamshell. Both very good modern presses. You could get away with an old American cameo, I have one of these too,a tempo actually,  basically a large cameo withheld benefit of air pressure for the squeegee carriage.

1185b at 100um weight is the best media.  It takes plastisol,  waterbased, also solvent.

I attached a photo of his prints on it as well.

If anyone has a US source let me know as I want it!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »
Group buy?  I'm in for a few thousand sheets.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 09:00:17 PM »
Group buy?  I'm in for a few thousand sheets.

Good idea, or I am reaching out to rcscreenshop.com to see if they want to source and become a distributor.

All comes down to price, would be hard to go from Arjo Wiggins T75 at ~10 cents a sheet or less, to something way more expensive unless it made the process just that much easier and better.

If it comes from China direct though it can't be that much more though!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
i'd be in for a 10k at least
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 10:18:01 PM »
We run arjo wiggins T-120 or whatever the top shelf one is and I would be quintuple that for stability for multicolor.   

RC is our Rutland and Matsui supplier, basically everything wb/dc/hsa for us and Christine actually reached out regarding a paper recommendation for plasti cold peel transfers.  It's weird that nobody east of Ohio stocks the best paper for this, we still order ours from OH.  Anyways, I should have suggested this product.   

I'm in for any collaboration on getting a load of it over here and in everyone's shop.