Author Topic: clear transfer paper/  (Read 3453 times)

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
Re: clear transfer paper/
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 03:26:35 AM »
In Europe it is

http://www.policrom.it/portal/portal/policrom/prodotti?cat=510010&path=5/510/510010

Maybe they have reseller in US

In fact they may have in the US

Policrom, Inc.
1418 Wells Drive Bensalem, PA 19020 United States
Tel. 215-638-4100
Toll Free within the United States 1-800-321-2328
Fax 215-638-7667
www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »
Depending on the price I could see us getting 5 or 10k sheets, assuming dimensions are around 13x19.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 10:11:27 AM »
I see this on their website, no flashing between colors?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 10:20:05 AM »
Unless you are doing sim process prints of some kind on the transfer, you'll still need to flash/gel between colors on any transfer paper unless you want a blurry mess with crap opacity.  The kind of paper doesnt matter, it's still paper.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »
Here is a link to US producer/supplier:

http://burkhardtfreeman.com/web_trans_film_wtf_40lg.html

Have no experience with their film, but like their US3000 paper

Boris

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 11:02:25 AM »
called both companies. both places the people i need to talk to are on their way to SGIA. will report back soon!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »
Unless you are doing sim process prints of some kind on the transfer, you'll still need to flash/gel between colors on any transfer paper unless you want a blurry mess with crap opacity.  The kind of paper doesnt matter, it's still paper.

And of course, that's what I thought too. But, the claim is there; I can't see how it would work without flashing. Still, we'll try anyway...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »

And of course, that's what I thought too. But, the claim is there; I can't see how it would work without flashing. Still, we'll try anyway...

Steve

Unless the coating on the film, and the way it receives the ink makes all of the difference
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 11:22:13 PM »
I imagine "inter-color heating" is referring to using a hot box to keep the paper temp stable after each gel.

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 12:26:59 AM »
There's a few different varieties.  The code I gave in 100mic is the most stable safe economical variation. Gives a nice flat matt finish.

It also has the best hold so your transfers are nice and safely stored and can take a bit of knocking around before any ink is chipped or scratched.

I use Arjow Papers too. Not even close to the same stability.
No need for hotbox or anything extraordinary.

Pre shrink and print.

For what it's worth, I can run A2 sheets at 400 pieces per hour through my 4 post Thieme with the vastex Lil red X2 on the back. That's the equivalent of 800 A3's per hour.

I don't believe there's much more of an efficient system for such a simple and cheap setup. The reason I don't use a conventional rotary auto is because it's not really an efficient system, and you don't have the print control of a regular graphic press.

Comparing the two different types of screenprinting is chalk and cheese. The control of all print aspects of a graphic press is akin to a space shuttle when trying to print the same thing on a regular textile auto which in comparison is a clay wheeled roller skate. Even the newest textile auto with bells and whistles doesn't compare.

You could do it of course,  but you're not getting the best result. It's simply the wrong tool.

Regarding 1185B from the source I've given. It's a nice safe good product. One I've used for years to terrific effect with plastisol. It's very easy and safe.

I've taken many wrong turns, trialled a BUNCH of different product. The product I offered is the best I've found for plastisol transfers. Using the system I use.

When I say wrong turns I'm talking about freighting 50+ Kg of adhesive with dangerous goods rating across the Pacific only to throw it all away because humidity destroyed it when the seasons changed. ::)

Or airfreighting product that wasn't up to scratch, not consistent in manufacture, or I was just plain old lied to in hunting the holy grail of transfer substrate.

By trade I'm a graphic screenprinter firstly. Did my time printing labels and signage, graphic overlays for the electronics industry, corflute signs and cardboard packaging with semi auto, 3/4, and full auto presses. That's my background, that's my trade. The textile component was always a side gig although I've been involved in it close to full time for 20 years.

As far as slapping a sheet on the pallet, hitting the sheet, flashing and printing again. Yep, you can do it, but I wouldn't. I just see that as going down the wrong track with the product, you may as well just use paper.

There is a different source that I didn't offer, because it's a more difficult product to use although the possibilities it opens up are incredible.

It reads like a few are keen to try the product. My advice would be for you guys to syndy up for a couple thousand sheets airfreighted in. Get it guillotined in half and share the sheets out to see how it works for you.

If you're having trouble getting a hold of Casey, I'll get in touch and see if I can have her post here. She's a good sharp girl but limited as she's simply sales. She's not the one to ask regarding anything technical regarding the product.

Unless you speak Mandarin, you're on your own like I have been over the last 10 years in working this stuff out.

In this post and the snippet of an email I've sent, an entire foolproof system is there.

1185B 100um PET transfer sheet.
Wilflex adhesive crystals - rack it out to let the static discharge before flicking excess powder off.
Wilflex printable adhesive. Print through 43T for best results. I've used 59S also with no problem.

The only other advice really, is forget all your conventional textile screenprint knowledge as it barely applies. To print transfers properly go the graphic printing route using a nice creamy easy to print straight out the pot plastisol. There's no substitute for peel or vacuum.

Edit*
Just realised Casey had sent me a link last time we had contact.
http://pagesforce.com/pet-film-for-screen-printing/W556z24E/index.html?_s_uid=13053U_S#u_94f7a08c-ba52-4c2f-b034-eb9e3b9d5aef

All the details there. Just remember 1185B, 100Um, 640X480mm.
You're welcome to get caught up on the other stuff they sell. I wouldn't though. You just want that one single product.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:31:58 AM by domineight »