Author Topic: SGIA New Orleans Who's gonna be there?!  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
SGIA New Orleans Who's gonna be there?!
« on: October 07, 2017, 02:50:46 PM »
I've got a daughter that lives there so I'll be there from Sunday night till Thursday night.

Hit me up if you are there!!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: SGIA New Orleans Who's gonna be there?!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 05:53:42 PM »
heading down in the morning with Richard Greaves. Will be at the SGIA booth answering questions on tuesday and wed 2-3pm. booth number 2245.

Stop by and say Hi!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
I'll be getting in tomorrow around 10 am.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:42:50 PM »
We live here. Myself and our production manager will be making the rounds Tues and Wed.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:11:03 AM »
So I have class at 1 tomorrow.

Where will everyone be before and after that since the floor isn't officially open yet.

Offline paradoxsc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 07:50:14 AM »
I had to cancel my trip.  :'(
if anyone happens to be at the brother booth looking at the new GTX, I'd love some feedback about it compared to the 3 series. I have an opportunity to purchase a new 361 with new pretreat and new heatpress for 15k all in but if the gtx is really worth the extra money I might go that route instead. With all the fixin's I'd be looking at 27,300 on the gtx so a $12,300 difference. I haven't heard much about it since brother launched it and can't find any real world user reviews, just info from brother and their sales partners. I would appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks!

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »
Thank You to Mr Richard for his expert shuttle service and dinner recommendation in the FQ last night.   I shared dinner with Gilligan, Pierre, Richard Greaves and this tubby t-shirt guy from Indiana.  Your hospitality was first class as well as the seafood, even though the hush puppies were kind of average.

Have a great show
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
Same here, had to cancel more work came in with bad deadlines from some of our really good customers and they come first, but I was dang sure looking forward to it.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:24:11 AM »
So it has come and gone and I still have but one question that looms large after seeing a lot of the ingenuity this industry offers:

When did Alan start selling televisions on the side?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw&feature=youtu.be 

Minute 1:40

Perhaps this is why he didn't show...again.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 09:28:44 AM »
I can't dance like that, at least not till the new knee gets put in.  I'm still running a successful shop, unlike some blowhards around here :)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »
I can't dance like that, at least not till the new knee gets put in.  I'm still running a successful shop, unlike some blowhards around here :).

My definition of success is "Having the time and the money to enjoy my time, at the same time". 

Over the years I have been flat broke with tons of time and also so busy I don't have the time to take the checks to the bank or do anything else for that matter. 

See previous definition for insight in the balance required to productively and PROFITably attend industry events.

My 2 cents... 8)
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline DrivingZiggy

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 02:26:34 PM »
I had to cancel my trip.  :'(
if anyone happens to be at the brother booth looking at the new GTX, I'd love some feedback about it compared to the 3 series. I have an opportunity to purchase a new 361 with new pretreat and new heatpress for 15k all in but if the gtx is really worth the extra money I might go that route instead. With all the fixin's I'd be looking at 27,300 on the gtx so a $12,300 difference. I haven't heard much about it since brother launched it and can't find any real world user reviews, just info from brother and their sales partners. I would appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks!
I got a chance to see the 6000 in action at the SGIA Expo.  They put a black shirt on it and started printing.  First the white which took ~30 seconds?  I wasn't timing it.  But when the color started coming down on the second pass, it was quick!  And the print looked great.

Then I moseyed on over to where they were showing the GTX.  Also a black shirt.  They hit the start button and the print was done in like 10 seconds!  Second pass?  GTX don't need no stinkin' second pass.  The print may have even looked better than the print from the 6000.  When you factor in the lack of required maintenance, it gets even better.

If I had the $22,000 laying around, I would definitely be getting a GTX.