Author Topic: Keeping the left chest print straight on G5000  (Read 868 times)

Offline XG Print

Keeping the left chest print straight on G5000
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »
Guys I have been having a hell of a time this last week with a huge order of G5000 ts.  SIngle color left chest which should be easy but the logo has straight lines and I am playing hell with these shirts.  Seems like all of the shoulders and necks are off centered or cut bad.  In stead of rolling through this I am having to fight with the shirts. Anyone else ever experience this?  Ive been at it almost 10 yrs and dont think Ive ever fought a left chest this bad.  I will take any and all suggestions.....Thanks

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Keeping the left chest print straight on G5000
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »
I print a lot of G500. They're terribly made. Sometimes I go by center fold line, but those are usually wack also. The clients that want the cheapest shirt possible suffer the consequences, even though at the end of the day they'll tell us it's our fault. Sometimes when the shirts are actually being worn, it isn't quite as noticeable. My pallets are 17" wide so they tend to straighten themselves out relatively easily.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:58:30 AM »
We had a similar problem with Anvil 980 tees (which is really Gildan now): Simple, 1c print... but it was a 12"w x 1"h rectangle. Shirt aside, there's nothing worse for giving "see-saw" action & showing crookedness. But we slowed the press WAY down, loaded meticulously, and the shirts still made it it impossible to really keep it consistent. It was one of those jobs (well, 2 in a row, for the same customer) where you have no choice but to settle for "good enough." Printed a similar layout for another client on different shirts the same week & had a much easier time.

As for suggestions: if you aren't using lasers, and if the shirt color is light enough, you can print the pallets, then flash them. That will let you see exactly where the print is landing per shirt as you load.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline woodrow

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:18 AM »
We always measure down from top of collar to top of design and where the top of the collar is located we mark in increments of 2-SM/MD at one measurement LG/XL etc. on pallet paper/tape. Lenticular designs on the XL's and up are a bear, if possible use bigger boards to better gauge the side to side...we measure from where the collar seam meets the shoulder to define where center of design should be.

Offline XG Print

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
We always measure down from top of collar to top of design and where the top of the collar is located we mark in increments of 2-SM/MD at one measurement LG/XL etc. on pallet paper/tape. Lenticular designs on the XL's and up are a bear, if possible use bigger boards to better gauge the side to side...we measure from where the collar seam meets the shoulder to define where center of design should be.

Yeah  we have the design straight on the boards ....Problem is these damn shirts are gut so bad it is damn near impossible on some of them to get it straight...... >:( >:( >:(