Author Topic: Saati Lazer Exposure unit.  (Read 16164 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Saati Lazer Exposure unit.
« on: October 18, 2017, 06:27:28 AM »
I saw a short clip Saati put on UTube about SGIA New Orleans, they briefly showed a new lazer exposure unit.
If anyone had a good look at this unit I'd like to hear more about it.
Speed?
Dpi?
Cost?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: Saati Lazer Exposure unit.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 07:29:18 AM »
Screen print equipment LUST, I really WANT ONE!

My Douthittt wax jet is doing a great job but I WANT ONE!

Perfectly round dots, I WANT ONE!

Longer imaging time due to UV conversion of entire emulsion coated area, but I WANT ONE!

Elimination of consumables is a bonus, but I WANT ONE!

Elimination of environmental sensitivity is great, no print head to go bad, but I WANT ONE!

Lifetime of Laser emitters is unknown but a really long time, I WANT ONE!

Should/could be shipping by LB, did I mention I WANT ONE!

He with the most toys wins, I WANT ONE!

My 2 cents....

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:45:06 AM »
what is...THAT?!......game changer for sure, anyone have a price?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvqvufgW_Lk&list=PLoTB576QF0rCnOLxp4JQT1eOsM0H_-6jT
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 08:03:14 AM »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GKitson

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 08:09:49 AM »
SAATI LTS 6080 spec sheet
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 10:13:26 AM »
what is...THAT?!......game changer for sure, anyone have a price?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvqvufgW_Lk&list=PLoTB576QF0rCnOLxp4JQT1eOsM0H_-6jT

expensive!!! $90K

pierre

Ouch!  OK, next on the agenda...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 10:44:48 AM »
as Greg mentioned, it is an impressive piece of equipment.
Not sure if I got this right, but I think the version 2 is the one that will be for sale. They said they made some improvements which is good to hear. Not a big fan of buying the prototypes. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:50 AM »
I've been drooling over this thing. Would love to see the dots this thing could hold!
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
I've been drooling over this thing. Would love to see the dots this thing could hold!

they said they were testing 120 lpi and getting good results. I also heard something about not going over 90 though.

pierre

Offline GKitson

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »

they said they were testing 120 lpi and getting good results. I also heard something about not going over 90 though.

pierre

Next generation will be in a 'prettier' cabinet.  More mass in machine to dampen vibration among other new and improved features, I agree with Pierre regarding prototype buys, kind of the bleeding edge of technology...
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 03:08:46 PM »
I'll wait for a second hand wax unit for someone who is buying one of these at 90K.
Not in my budget.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 10:02:53 PM »
I would buy this in a heartbeat if it actually worked like its described to.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline starchild

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 10:43:02 PM »
Big boy Toys.. Could you imagine when (potentially new) customers find out there designs can be imaged on a screen at 120lpi? I can't see them wanting to use another screen printer.. Not to mention the end consumer- just wait till the find out they are rocking 120lpi t-shirts.. Pure madness in the market place- a true disrupter..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 10:52:46 PM »
Big boy Toys.. Could you imagine when (potentially new) customers find out there designs can be imaged on a screen at 120lpi? I can't see them wanting to use another screen printer.. Not to mention the end consumer- just wait till the find out they are rocking 120lpi t-shirts.. Pure madness in the market place- a true disrupter..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We need better emoji's lol

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:55 PM »
Heard whispers of this thing, thanks for finally showing it to me. 

90k for 2540dpi sounds like a steal to me.   And hey, it exposes too! 

But I must agree with the luckyflyinroush in two key ways: 

1.Relatively speaking I would be impressed if any CTS unit operated at it's advertised dpi and especially lpi.  The bar is set awfully low in this area but even if this laser unit operated at half advertised res it would be about 2x the res of the best masking unit out there.  Like starchild says you'll be blowing minds with the end user who is totally focused on getting the most lpi for the money.   But seriously I need at least slightly higher res here, like 1000dpi would do it even.  You just can't truly dial a tone curve at 600dpi/ppi, not enough pixel data to work with.

2.Up time has been a catastrophe for us with the last two imaging packages that were in this shop. Two machines- one film, one CTS -sold specifically for imaging screens, have been bought back by the mfg from us in the last 2 years for demonstrated lack of ability to image screens.  In the interim they cost us an amount of money I refuse to calculate as the thought of it makes me a little nauseas.  An onus is placed upon the buyer of these finicky devices to assist in repairing them.  Can you imagine buying a brand new F450 for work and being told to get in there yourself or have your paid employees jump in and help fix the tranny when it was 6mo past the sale and ditched on the side of the road between job sites?  How about a shiny new bmw that was a joy to drive except when it broke down mid-drive every month or so?  I wouldn't balk at that if those rigs cost $350.00 but at ≈60k.....

Anyways, I imagine and hope that our experience is not the norm and just bad luck but if this Saati model worked round the clock and at the advertised resolution I wouldn't hesitate.   If it actually lasted 10k+ hours on the lamp the roi would be awfully hard to argue against.  Toss in the lack of any consumable and the potential freedom from print head replacement and that 30k gap between this and the masking units on the market closes up mighty quick.

So who's going to buy one and let us know?