Author Topic: Do you adjust art for fleece? Or when printed white rather than dark?  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Do you make any changes when a job is to be printed exclusively on fleece?
I tend to beef up small reversed out areas that have more of a tendency to fill in on the "cushier" fabric. (I likewise often do similarly on images printing with white inks rather than darks)

How about mesh choice, do you kick it down when a job is all fleece?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Do you adjust art for fleece? Or when printed white rather than dark?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
If I have the choice, I use a lower mesh count for fleece and If I should get unlucky enough to have to print a process print on them, I use a lower lpi.  The reason I say if I have a choice is that I have this one group that orders 600 or 700 tshirts  twice a year and usually it's a sim process job but I don't care if it's 100 degrees outside, they always want a couple of hoodies with the same print.  Needless to say, the print on the hoodies never look as good because the art is usually printed at 65 lpi. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Do you adjust art for fleece? Or when printed white rather than dark?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 07:07:40 AM »
Depends on the artwork. I'd also make adjustments if I think something will fill in on the thicker fabric. Mesh is usually 125-T or 150-S for white ink and 180-S+ for color ink/over print.

This week is filled with a bunch of 3/4 color front and back prints on hoods. It's a nightmare.