Author Topic: Favorite Hat Heat Press?  (Read 2031 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Favorite Hat Heat Press?
« on: October 26, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »
Favorite Hat Heat Press and go!

Please and thanks!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Favorite Hat Heat Press?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »
we really like our Geo Knight air press. i forget the model, but it's really easy to use.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »
I've used digital Stahls(which I lost in my fire), presently have an analog George Knight, and used to use an ancient Hix.
All worked similarly well as long as I had the correct platens. One size does not fit all!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
We are very happy with our Stahls hat press.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 02:22:21 PM »
I've used the Stahl's Hotronix and was very happy with it. This was rather limited use though, so I can not speak of the durability. On the other hand, I picked up 5 regular heat presses and have managed to get 4 of them working. They offer all the replacement parts and are not that hard to fix.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »
stick with either the geo knight or stahls (or both honestly).  I have both with multiple platens and I still end up switching between them depending on the type of hat.  Some jobs just work better on one vs the other.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
We have a g. knight transformer press that does caps.  It's good, the air actuation seems to be key.   Press op really likes the air and we get larger images with more consistent transfer v. manual presses. The tooling could be a little better finished, the edges aren't beveled which we prefer.

I had 3x hotronix auto opening presses in here for a bit but the overall design of them wasn't for us.  Old manual hotronix cap press is still here and is nice for some work that needs a specifically light touch.

I do wish there was a shuttling cap press where you could load multiple caps, position transfers and it would press on down the line.  I'm sure someone in China could make it.   I think all the major mfg's of heat presses make a good machine but I haven't seen anything for caps that really allows for high production, the m.o. seems to be to simply run multiple cap presses.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 04:27:19 PM »
Thansk for the feedback, ill look at all these.

What platens should I be getting?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »

What hat size and shapes do you do or intend to do? There's at least a high and low profile available from all manufacturers.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 04:53:57 PM »

What hat size and shapes do you do or intend to do? There's at least a high and low profile available from all manufacturers.

We rarely do anything with low profile but are there only 2 generally or is there a 3rd?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 05:18:42 PM »

We rarely do anything with low profile but are there only 2 generally or is there a 3rd?

Here's what Stahls offers

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
Automatic and with air is the way to go!

Good timing on this. I actually have a new hat press coming in on Monday according to the tracking info I have.  It's from a company in China that I have worked with in the past on heat presses(I had dreams of importing them, marking them up and selling them a while back) that I have been extremely happy with. We have 200 hats that need patches sitting waiting right now, I can update you guys Tuesday/Wed after they get put on as to how it works. The price plus shipping was maybe $400 so it is kind of a no brainier as long as it works.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »

Good timing on this. I actually have a new hat press coming in on Monday according to the tracking info I have.  It's from a company in China that I have worked with in the past on heat presses(I had dreams of importing them, marking them up and selling them a while back) that I have been extremely happy with. We have 200 hats that need patches sitting waiting right now, I can update you guys Tuesday/Wed after they get put on as to how it works. The price plus shipping was maybe $400 so it is kind of a no brainier as long as it works.

Let us know.  I chickened out on ordering from them a few years back but that companies configurations made the most sense to me overall.   

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 09:31:01 PM »

Let us know.  I chickened out on ordering from them a few years back but that companies configurations made the most sense to me overall.
I can take a pic of the two we have now. The little double platen 4" one we had made for tags, bet that sucker has more than 250k presses/prints under it's belt. About 6 months ago it blew a $4 pneumatic fitting, aside from that it has crushed it. Literally.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 10:17:53 PM »

I can take a pic of the two we have now. The little double platen 4" one we had made for tags, bet that sucker has more than 250k presses/prints under it's belt. About 6 months ago it blew a $4 pneumatic fitting, aside from that it has crushed it. Literally.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Also would like to see more, as we need a 2nd auto/air heat press with the amount of transfers we are doing!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285