Author Topic: GAS dryer  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: GAS dryer
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:02 AM »
Anyone have a guess at real world numbers curing discharge PPH through a dryer like the 3000 with a 10 ft chamber?

How long are you needing to leave the shirt in the chamber to achieve full discharge & cure?  90 seconds, 120 seconds?  it's all a matter of how many shirts you can stack on the belt and how long a dwell time you need. 

Sorry, I guess I should've been more specific.  Say it needs a 2 minute dwell time.  I'm trying to make a decision.  I have a 2007 mini sprint with an 8 ft chamber and I wanted to know besides the newer technology with bells and whistles, what kind of performance increase there would be in throughput.  Thanks.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »
Doug;  You will achieve about 380 - 400 pph with a Sprint 3000 dryer 38" belt / 10' heat chamber with garments folded to 18" x 18" stacked two across the belt with  2 minute dwell time.  You can pick up more productivity with an extended heat chamber and/or a wider belt.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »
Thanks for the pdf.  That's what I needed.

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »
Anyone have a guess at real world numbers curing discharge PPH through a dryer like the 3000 with a 10 ft chamber?

How long are you needing to leave the shirt in the chamber to achieve full discharge & cure?  90 seconds, 120 seconds?  it's all a matter of how many shirts you can stack on the belt and how long a dwell time you need. 

Sorry, I guess I should've been more specific.  Say it needs a 2 minute dwell time.  I'm trying to make a decision.  I have a 2007 mini sprint with an 8 ft chamber and I wanted to know besides the newer technology with bells and whistles, what kind of performance increase there would be in throughput.  Thanks.

The whole point of the modular drying system which RayPaul started in the early
1990's was to be able to add / or take away additional drying sections to accommodate
Growth or downsizing without going to large additional cost to the printer. You would be better
Off adding additional drone heat sections to your already more than capable dryer to achieve your
Desired results. Performance the same unless you like bells an whistles. If you do, then buy all means
Ring the bell! To increase your performance and save money, the choice is clear!
Happy Printing
Winston

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 03:16:08 PM »
Doug, how many autos feeding the dryer?  For wb/dc/HSA I think a 10' chamber is way to small unless you want to break out all the goofy fixatives, etc. to ensure curing. 

We have 16' of heat and 60" belt at 400k btu to feed two autos and imho it's "adequate" when both those presses are running wb/dc/HSA inks.  Since we run so much of the waterbourne product and especially for discharge, I would take more chamber if I could fit it.
If you are only running these inks on occasion just run at the dwell you like, those figures Peter tossed out aren't too far off of actual pcs/hr off a press (not what's reading out on the press, actual shirts going on to belt) and shouldn't slow you down too bad on one press.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »
anyone running two autos on a 48" belt sprint 3000? 

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 04:03:24 PM »
Zoo, just 1 auto and we are mainly plastisol with the rare discharge print.  I think I'll just add more drones.  I'm just going to have to tear out a wall to make that happen.  I was just wondering what the difference was between the minisprint and the 3000 were if they both had the same length chamber aside from the tech.

Offline Croft

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 03:34:04 PM »
Well new 3000 bought getting excited about the delivery. Man equipment purchase are agony when your a small operation and have to make the decision yourself. Thanks for the help on the forum also thanks to Rich for chiming in
it makes it a lot easier to wire cash to a company that you know is stand up.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »
You won't regret it.  Going from electric to gas was one of the best things we've done along with switching to dts.  Congrats!

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 02:21:42 PM »
Well new 3000 bought getting excited about the delivery. Man equipment purchase are agony when your a small operation and have to make the decision yourself. Thanks for the help on the forum also thanks to Rich for chiming in
it makes it a lot easier to wire cash to a company that you know is stand up.

what width, length, etc did you go with?

I'm struggling on the decision to either upgrade from my 36" belt to a 48 or 60.  Right now, it will only be feeding one press and probably will for the next year or two.  With 12 feet of heat, and only running plastisol, I'm not sure if I want to go as big as 60" on the slight possibility of needing it to run two autos a few years down the line.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 02:30:25 PM »
if you have the space, go 60.  We didn't we had to opt for a 48.  I still love it over electric.  With an extra 12" though it would make life a little easier.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 02:32:32 PM »
if you have the space, go 60.  We didn't we had to opt for a 48.  I still love it over electric.  With an extra 12" though it would make life a little easier.

are you running more than one auto on it?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 02:36:11 PM »
no, we also have 12' of heat and sometimes when we are flying the belt can barely keep up when you hit xl's and up.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
This is what I figured. 
I just needed to hear it from a few other printers.

I hate myself for being cheap when i got my G3 with only 10 heads.  moving from a 6 color Sportsman that I never maxed out....i though 10 heads would be overkill.  two months after install, I was already contacting my rep to see how much it would cost to move into a 14 head machine. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 08:53:23 AM »
Funny, we went from a 6 color to an 8, still rarely use all the heads.  Ended up replacing it with an 8 again.  Also, we don't have a ton of space here frankly.