Author Topic: GAS dryer  (Read 5680 times)

Offline Croft

Re: GAS dryer
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 09:43:54 AM »
This is what I figured. 
I just needed to hear it from a few other printers.

I hate myself for being cheap when i got my G3 with only 10 heads.  moving from a 6 color Sportsman that I never maxed out....i though 10 heads would be overkill.  two months after install, I was already contacting my rep to see how much it would cost to move into a 14 head machine.

been on the fence here between 10 or 12 colour, will need to make a decision soon.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 10:52:45 AM »
go 12 or even 14 if you can afford it.  When running at the high speeds, the extra heads for cooldown stations, extra flash, etc will be the difference in running the job fast or lowering the speed due to the constraints of the job setup. 

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 01:11:30 PM »
Min 12 colour.

Two flashes, a hot head, and your down to 9 colours.  We have our 1st flash at head 3, so there is another head you can't use on one job, so your down to an 8 colour to run super fast.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 11:58:20 AM »
Min 12 colour.

Two flashes, a hot head, and your down to 9 colours.  We have our 1st flash at head 3, so there is another head you can't use on one job, so your down to an 8 colour to run super fast.

No cool down after the flash!?

12 color for us means 8 screen max, ideally more like 7 screens, aka 6 colors.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 01:06:57 PM »
i run 8 color jobs on my 10 color G3 with a couple fans and a kool mist.  In the summer, its slow going though. 

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »
i run 8 color jobs on my 10 color G3 with a couple fans and a kool mist.  In the summer, its slow going though.

How do you and your staff like the kool mist?  I'm embarrassed to say we've had one mothballing here that nobody ever hooked up.   I like the concept of not eating up a head for cool down though.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 01:45:32 PM »
kool mist works.  easy to setup and get dialed in.  i use it after the second flash in the design but I'm thinking of getting a second one to go after my first flash also. 
Down here in Texas, it gets hot in the shop during the summer and on a 1000+ job, there isn't anyway to keep the pallets from getting REALLY hot

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »
Thanks I'll break it out and give it a whirl finally.  I agree that after the 2nd flash is where you probably want it so you can hit that last color or three without the heat wrecking the wow printing.   I notice that our printers add dwell to resolve this when absolutely necessary.  Having a robot spritz the print with a cooling slurry sounds better.