Author Topic: Who's running Chilli D's on non-M&R presses  (Read 677 times)

Offline Du Manchu

• Verified/Junior
Who's running Chilli D's on non-M&R presses
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:37:27 PM »
I've got a Rhino auto and curious if the Chilli D "could" communicate back to my control panel.  I just cannot wrap my head around if I can get it to communicate via cat5  similar to my current quarts flashes which........table up / flash on / flash off  / table down / index.

Yup, I should probably just get in touch with both manufacturers, but figured I'd get some real world perspective.

Offline zanegun08

Re: Who's running Chilli D's on non-M&R presses
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 02:22:57 AM »
Just going out on a limb here, but you could definitely find out from the manufacturers, but the M&R Flashes aren't using a standard cat5 cable connector.  However on the Red Chili DX video they do call the cable an "Ethernet" cable.

It seems with the Red Chili D, since it has the temperature sensor, as well as the pallet trip wire sensor, that you could use it with your press.  It wouldn't communicate with the press, but would turn on when a pallet moves under the sensor, and turn off when it reaches the temperature you preset.  The DX has a better control panel, but I'm sure is a premium price since you could actually control the settings from an M&R press rather than having to physically go to the flash.

Find out from the companies, but the D or DX should work in a "ghetto style" by using the photo sensor and setting your temperature so it turns off automatically once it reaches the temperature.