Author Topic: Why is the happening...? Workhorse Cutlass 6/8 automatic  (Read 1238 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Why is the happening...? Workhorse Cutlass 6/8 automatic
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
I can not get this fixed.  Platens 6,7,and 8 all fall out of register on tight registration.  I have 3 px of trap on my white base.

In the picture the shirt on the bottom was printed on platens 1-5, and on 6-8 they fall out of register like the shirt on the top.

All of my screens are new screens from Spot color Supply.  Fresh 70/90/70 squeegees.

When I check, the platens are level. Off contact is the same as platens 1-5.  Im just at my wits end... any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:04:14 PM by im_mcguire »

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Why is the happening...? Workhorse Cutlass 6/8 automatic
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »
I've never seen a Cutlass but is it possible the bolts holding the problem pallets might be a little loose?  Are  they out of register in the same direction each time?
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »
that was going to be my reply. when we had our first diamondback installed years ago, this was happening on two pallets. tightened them up at it was fine. they didn't seem loose, as in seeing the pallets wiggle, but i cranked them down hard and it seemed to work.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
Is the UB choked?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 10:00:13 AM »
Looks like to me the only color that is out is the white base,  I would print the white base then go one color at a time to see which color is out or print all my top colors and see if they all register to each other.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 11:42:08 AM »
Is your tack fresh & equal on all pallets? Very recently I had a job where I thought all pallets had enough tack, but was having reg issues. Couldn't find anything else to fix, & when I refreshed the tack & the problems went away.
Nice guys laugh last.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »
Not entirely sure why is the happening but if its consistent on platens 6 and 8 thats a tell ;)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 04:06:25 PM »
the image on the top has cleaner edges and less gain so the ubase is showing up. The bottom image is fuzzy from all the ink that mushroomed out and that little extra is causing it to cover the ubase that would normally peak.

If your platens are level, some might be higher then the others causing more pressure and stretching the mesh more. Not very likely, but ink gain should be one of the clues. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
If the simple fix like loose pallets, pallet arm, off contact and level are not the culprit then the press is out of reg. If it happens the same on every job on the same pallets it’s out of reg and the bearings need to be reset.