Author Topic: Sell me on the M&R Qwik-Klamp System.  (Read 3010 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Sell me on the M&R Qwik-Klamp System.
« on: November 04, 2017, 04:28:45 PM »
Who has it and why do you love it? 
We are a two auto shop. How would it help us?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Sell me on the M&R Qwik-Klamp System.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:39:45 PM »
If you are interested, we are going to be selling ours shortly, and a bunch of the quick clamp squeegee holders.

It's truly one of the best things ive used in screen printing, in the past 12 years. It makes squeegee blade changing a breeze. I wish other companies had something similiar.

Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline medium

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 07:53:49 PM »
If kingscreen passes on the offer I may take you up if the price is right and shipping doesn't hurt too bad!

I find it a pita trying to ram my blades into the old M&R squeegee holders

Anyone got any tips for the old style? Or does everyone struggle with these...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 08:25:15 PM »
With difficult or squashed ali squeegee profile, I find it easy enough to insert the blunt ends of some 6" adjustable wrenches and tweak them open with only minor force. I suppose it's a minor inconvenience, beats struggling trying to force the blade in there though.

Offline medium

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 08:33:29 AM »
With difficult or squashed ali squeegee profile, I find it easy enough to insert the blunt ends of some 6" adjustable wrenches and tweak them open with only minor force. I suppose it's a minor inconvenience, beats struggling trying to force the blade in there though.

Thanks for the tip! I did try that but I'm not sure if these are maybe just a little more ceased in their age (I think they sat clamped for a few years gathering dust). I'll roll up the sleeves and pry a little harder!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »
If you are interested, we are going to be selling ours shortly, and a bunch of the quick clamp squeegee holders.

It's truly one of the best things ive used in screen printing, in the past 12 years. It makes squeegee blade changing a breeze. I wish other companies had something similiar.

I would definitely be interested.  May I ask why you’re selling it if it’s so great?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »
It's the best system for squeegees. You can make 50 new squeegees in no time. OR You can train a brand new employee how to do them (perfectly) in about 3 minutes.

Need a odd one for hoodies or a split one?  Takes 2 minutes.

I'd never sell mine , it's like a CTS you can go back one you've used it.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 05:01:50 PM »

Thanks for the tip! I did try that but I'm not sure if these are maybe just a little more ceased in their age (I think they sat clamped for a few years gathering dust). I'll roll up the sleeves and pry a little harder!

If they are compressed from usage you can put a chisel in the end and hit with hammer. That should open them to the original opening. Do both ends gradually
Rich Hoffman

Offline medium

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 06:41:26 PM »

If they are compressed from usage you can put a chisel in the end and hit with hammer. That should open them to the original opening. Do both ends gradually

Thanks for that Rich, it's no surprise they ceased being out of rotation for so long. I'll give that a bash in the AM

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 08:59:35 AM »
we sometimes take a tire iron or something round and solid metal, lay it on the ground, place the squeegee holder on it so the iron sits in the opening of the squeegee holder and hit the top on the holder with a rubber mallet all along the top.  The iron never goes into the holder, but it helps gently pry the 2 pieces apart evenly with no damage to the holder.

I am not good at explaining things, but I think that made sense.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 09:23:04 AM »
The Quik-Klamo is a pretty neat piece of engineering. I would recommend this for shops w/multiple autos for best ROI

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »
Hands down the best squeegee system on the market.

Now you only need one size holder and can swap in different sized squeegee for various jobs.

Doing sleeves, put in a 3” blade, next job full front, put in a 16” blade and so on.

No more ink streaks in the white from poor cleaning, no more ink stuck in the crevices of the holder as they now come apart for a good cleaning.

Get it!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 01:55:15 PM »
All squeegees should be this style, your staff will love it which makes it worth every penny.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
Yeah dude, we've had ours for almost 3 years now, I think, got it when we added the GT3. No more banging your knuckles on bolts when cleaning squeegees, no more little extra areas for ink to hang out, we use a shurlok squeegee cleaner to do the first bulk clean, if one looks like it has an ink lingering at the rubber to holder edges, put it in the kwick clamp, open them, wipe put back in. really fast really clean. You should almost never have candy cane striped ink again from a squeegee holder that held onto a color that you didn't see. We make it a regular routine to open them all up at the end of the week and internally wipe down to keep from having any build up. I think our blades are getting more mileage too, maybe from just an easier cleaning method, just really "realistic" add on to a shop for sure. If you are in a pinch and need a special duro, it's so easy fast to swap out a blade if in need. I don't know how many times I've cut knuckles on those old dam holders from a sticky bolt and nut lol.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 03:37:30 PM »
Agreed, I feel one of the top 3 inventions to screen printing since I started 11 years ago. The quik clamp has so much value that if you run m&r presses its a must.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse