Author Topic: Found this piece of utter genius on Facebook.  (Read 4217 times)

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
Found this piece of utter genius on Facebook.
« on: November 04, 2017, 07:39:49 PM »
She's pretty crude, but you have to admire the well-outside-the-box thought in this.
I wouldn't go as far as to say no one's ever done it, but I've never seen this, or even thought of it.

Rather clever in my opinion. A few mods and some tighter engineering could see a practical and useful corner filler in a small/tight space.

Online zanegun08

Re: Found this piece of utter genius on Facebook.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:56:10 PM »
That's pretty cool, definitely outside the box, but perfect for a small space.

You could put the flash on the ground facing up, and you would have to be super diligent about applying enough spray adhesive.  Maybe a clamp system similar to DTG presses to keep the shirts in place when hanging upside down.

I've always thought of a double decker auto or multi decker where the shirts go up like an escalator and then drop back down to the loading station.  A 10 color could become a 20 or 30 or 40 depending on how high you want to go.  The arms still would only need a single motor, and the choppers are air powered, but engineering a precision multi layered indexer may be difficult.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
I can't tell, does it have Micros?

:D
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 11:02:18 PM »
Ha! I contemplated something like that very briefly, a long time ago. Gravity's effect on shirts quickly deterred me. (Zanegun is right about the tack!) I spent only slightly more time musing on a vertical carousel for screens, where the arms would keep screens level while also allowing them to rotate around the "clock face".  Maybe combine the two ideas, and you could mount a 4/6 on a wall & take up only 5 sq ft of floor space!  ::)
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline starchild

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 01:14:58 AM »
I wonder if this is the same person who built the Star Gate that afford us to travel to different galaxies..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 01:10:55 AM »
Ha! I contemplated something like that very briefly, a long time ago. Gravity's effect on shirts quickly deterred me. (Zanegun is right about the tack!) I spent only slightly more time musing on a vertical carousel for screens, where the arms would keep screens level while also allowing them to rotate around the "clock face".  Maybe combine the two ideas, and you could mount a 4/6 on a wall & take up only 5 sq ft of floor space!  ::)

Exactly my thinking. I took it a step further in fantasising of an outer ring of shirt platters and an inner ring of screen frames, both spinning independent of each other and all platters and screens on some type of gyroscopic mount so all the important bits can stay horizontal.

Of course I'm never going to do it, but I like to see stuff like this.

It's a clever use of space, and at some stage the space we occupy will cost a fair chunk more than it does now, I've noticed leases creeping up and up in my city, and when I think about it, I've always had high stud premises and the vertical space was practically wasted unless I had mezzanine.

I suppose I'm just happy to see someone break the mould and go unconventional out of necessity perhaps. The thought of an 8col manual taking up around 1/4-1/3 of the space of a conventional carousel is appealing too.

I'm looking at the 3 square meters left available to me and wondering whether I cram a regular 6/6 into it, or plug the space with my Atma semi-automatic flatbed press and leave a little space to breathe.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »
On my manual press the screen carousel takes up just as much space as the pallet carousel.  This is a cool idea for like a two color press where the screens are only rotate like 90 degrees back and forth and the flash was side or ground mounted, but that's still pretty niche. Cool looking and outside the box though

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 09:35:33 AM »
Hard to learn I have a 14 colors fake chamelon. This one is original pop and so awesome.

www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »
Believe it or not there was at least one prototype auto made this way (sort of). Think of an oval turned on its side........... screens/flashes on the top and bottom. Saved space but way too many issues. I remember the video came complete with an Ace of Base soundtrack

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 01:58:52 PM »
I remember the video came complete with an Ace of Base soundtrack

If that didn't sell the concept I don't what will.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
I remember the video came complete with an Ace of Base soundtrack

If that didn't sell the concept I don't what will.
;D
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 03:30:41 PM »
Pretty neat to look at, but how would you keep shirts in reggie or clean for that matter from dragging on the floor.  I can see some kind of flat pc printing with a bunch of good glue holding them in place.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!