Author Topic: objects will not print.  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

objects will not print.
« on: November 10, 2017, 07:43:04 AM »
coreldraw x5

this is blowing my mind. I have a design I made...texts and shapes. EVERYTHING is the same color...its a simple black and white image. I go to print it out on my regular printer just to see what it would look like on paper and the texts (which are made from shapes...not actual fonts....basically its a font i created joining shapes together) and those fonts/shapes I made will not print...everything else in the design prints except those items i mentioned. I even changed the colors of the entire design and still only prints half the design.

I then selected one of the items that is not printing, changed its color and printed just that selection and it didnt print..the paper went thru the printer but it spit out a blank sheet of paper.

Everything shows up in print preview.

I tired it as "print separations" and chose ONLY that color..its the only pantone color in the design..the entire design is pantone black 744c....and in print preview it shows up as everything in the image to be printed...i click print and same thing happens.

everything is same color, ..i tried printing it out as a regular print (no seps)....just over and over it refuses to acknowledge the entire design when outputting.

its just a regular canon mx700 printer which prints fine...i tried other items and they printed perfect. There is something about these certain objects in this design which if off. The font/text i made was made using rectangle shapes of different sizes. joined together to create a unique font.

i even took those items and copied and pasted in a new document, hit print and printer spit out a blanket sheet
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:48:44 AM by Mark @ Hurricane Printing »
Mark

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Re: objects will not print.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:52:53 AM »
i got it to print when I published it to PDF..it still doesn't explain why it won't print correctly straight from coreldraw x5 though.
Mark

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:02:30 AM »
A pdf printing from reader or CorelDRAW?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:49:33 AM »
Convert everything into a bitmap... and it should print.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:26:44 AM »
  Was it originally made in Corel? I have imported both .ai and .pdf files into Corel and
they will not print even though objects are on the screen and in the print preview. When
you get a file like that, larryk is right. You just about have to convert to bitmap.