Author Topic: vinyl cut out is not sticking to the transfer paper..its staying adhere to vinyl  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

im new at this guys so bear with me...I have the silhouette cameo 3.....circut glossy vinyl...silhouette adhesive transfer paper.

I get the image cut..weed it....i apply the transfer paper on top of the vinyl...i go over it with a credit card really good.

I go to peel off the vinyl backing and when i do, 100% of the image is supposed to stay adhered to transfer paper but it stays adhered to the vinyl backing.

what am i doing wrong here?

Mark

Offline Get Shirts

It’s possible that you need to use the proper squeegee... i think that’s what it’s called.. instead of a credit card. Sounds like a pressure issue to me not allowing the transfer tape to adhere to you’re vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mikeob

• Verified/Junior
Are you using transfer paper or masking tape?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
It’s possible that you need to use the proper squeegee... i think that’s what it’s called.. instead of a credit card. Sounds like a pressure issue to me not allowing the transfer tape to adhere to you’re vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, don't cold vinyl folks use something similar to what body shops use for bondo?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:45:36 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Probably more an issue that you are not using the correct transfer tape for the vinyl you are using.....

Or the vinyl is old.....If so, sometimes gently warming can help it release.....

Offline BrianHahn

• Verified/Junior
  • Saga vinyl cutter technical support
Agree with some of the prior posts.

The vinyl could be old which can cause the adhesive to stick to the release liner more.

A squeegee is nice but it isn't needed. You should be able to get the vinyl to adhere to the transfer tape just by rubbing it with your fingers. It doesn't take much pressure to create the bond between the transfer tape and the vinyl.

There are several different types of transfer tape. Low tack, medium tack, high tack. If the transfer tape isn't pulling the vinyl off the release liner it is possible you have a low tack transfer tape. For what you have perhaps a medium tack or high tack transfer tape is needed.