Author Topic: create a gap between objects?  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

create a gap between objects?
« on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
I have a group of objects that all tie in to one point on the horizon....i guess it would be a one point perspective (?)

I created the design which will be cut out on a plotter (silhouette cameo 3)

The problem I am running into is the point on the horizon where all of the end points meet (the one point perspective starting point), one particular object is being read by the plotter as being too close to the object next to it where the plotter isn't recognizing the one object's cut as an individual and its tying it into the object next to it about a 1/4" from the perspective tie in point...where as the other objects that "meet" at this point do NOT conjoin at the end.

When i go to weed the vinyl out of the image, when i get to that one object it is tied into the one next to it and i pull them both up as one piece.

Granted, both objects will be removed but they should be removed individually.....the other objects in the design, which are all identical actually, pull up as individual pieces perfectly.

I do not want to expand the image to create a wider gap at the tapered end point.....I want to simply space the objects 1 pixel more apart from each other. This will give me a slightly bigger gap at the perspective point and HOPEFULLY the cutter will no longer join those two together.

I am assuming in coreldraw x5 I can select all of the objects, ungroup, and create the gap evenly between all of the objects by 1 pixel but I don't know how to do it.

How would i do this?

(I hope i explained what im trying to accomplish, clear enough)
Mark

Offline cyw

Re: create a gap between objects?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:15:22 PM »
Answering a question like this is almost impossible without seeing the artwork and more importantly seeing how you created it.
Corel affords the user many options to perform similar tasks and ultimately get you to the same result.
Which option you chose, usually depends on what's sitting in front of you.

Instead of people offering suggestions and 'guessing', it's probably more productive if you upload that cdr file and let us take a look.
My opinion.......mileage may vary.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 03:17:28 PM »

Instead of people offering suggestions and 'guessing', it's probably more productive if you upload that cdr file and let us take a look.
My opinion.......mileage may vary.

He can attach a jpg, and send the cdr to interested parties.
He could also probably attach a pdf, but which can be downloaded, but not displayed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cyw

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:53:18 PM »
Odd restriction for a ‘help’ board, no?
What am I missing?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:40:07 PM »
Files that can be uploaded are only:

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, jpeg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Maybe there is a reason why .cdr, .psd, and .ai are not allowed.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline cyw

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 12:45:23 AM »
Hi Houston, how you doing?........I remember Andy telling me that once about the file types but still strange, I think.
So you’d need to zip a cdr file to post, right?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 02:51:45 PM »
Doing great, thanks.  Hope same your way.

Yes, zipping a .cdr file, .psd, or .ai file would work like a charm.

Kicking myself for not realizing that myself.  :)
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
I have a group of objects that all tie in to one point on the horizon....i guess it would be a one point perspective (?)

I created the design which will be cut out on a plotter (silhouette cameo 3)

The problem I am running into is the point on the horizon where all of the end points meet (the one point perspective starting point), one particular object is being read by the plotter as being too close to the object next to it where the plotter isn't recognizing the one object's cut as an individual and its tying it into the object next to it about a 1/4" from the perspective tie in point...where as the other objects that "meet" at this point do NOT conjoin at the end.

When i go to weed the vinyl out of the image, when i get to that one object it is tied into the one next to it and i pull them both up as one piece.

Granted, both objects will be removed but they should be removed individually.....the other objects in the design, which are all identical actually, pull up as individual pieces perfectly.

I do not want to expand the image to create a wider gap at the tapered end point.....I want to simply space the objects 1 pixel more apart from each other. This will give me a slightly bigger gap at the perspective point and HOPEFULLY the cutter will no longer join those two together.

I am assuming in coreldraw x5 I can select all of the objects, ungroup, and create the gap evenly between all of the objects by 1 pixel but I don't know how to do it.

How would i do this?

(I hope i explained what im trying to accomplish, clear enough)

Hey Mark,
not trying to be a smart a$$ just trying to help you with some of your Corel work.
have a look here, hope it helps some
mooseman

http://www.coreldrawtips.com/?q=videos-all
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.