Author Topic: How can I distinguish S-Mesh screens from regular ones?  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
Re: How can I distinguish S-Mesh screens from regular ones?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 08:31:18 PM »
I used the zip ties for a bit, and had a color code chart for our counts. The only issue we ran into with that method is that it got annoying to replace them on every retensioning. If we didn't remove the tie during reten, it would through the frame out of flat.

I am back to using solvent resistant labels on top of our mesh protectors, but those also have to be replaced periodically. Maybe I need to go back and look at that system. I suppose if the zip tie was a little loose it could be slipped down to the roller area during reten and it wouldn't be on the corner. But it still needs to be out of the way for the wrench.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 03:28:08 PM »
On rollers, we typically use them on the lugs.

This gives us plenty of room to still get our standard adjustable wrenches on there and keeps us from having to remove them when we need to retension.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »
Wrench part on the short sides, both on the same side, doesn't get in the way of the wrenches and doesn't
stop you from keeping a frame flat.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 03:39:31 PM »
Oh, and Mcmaster has the best selection in terms of colors. Use highly distinguishable colors
for close mesh counts.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 08:16:23 PM »
Thank you for that! Duh, that is obvious. Will probably revert back to this because the labels we use are totally annoying.